one more wheel fitment question

will these wheels flush out an s13?

rear: 16 x 8 +35 offset
front: 16 x 7 +32 offset

thanks guys

let me know

Do you have coilovers?

I have 16x8 +32 with 245/50/16 if you remember what my rear wheels looked like.

flush… not exactly…
they’ll both need a 15mm spacer to be flush…

15mm spacer will flush out the rim with the fender but what size tire would he have to run?

i was gunna run same as your’s dan

and yes i remember how yours look, and ide be quite content with that

thanks dan

Who’s Dan? (Happy240sx?)

the rear tires with the wheels must be the same size as the stock wheel diameter… so there’s not much choice really…

stock tires are 195/60/R15…
so for the 16x8, you’ll have to run 235/45/R16 (0.5% difference in size… i.e. when the speed-o is showing 100km/h, you are doing 100.5km/h)

for the 16x7, you’ll have to run 205/50/R16 (2.54mm smaller than the stock wheel diameter… which is ok imo… those are gonna be the front tires anyways)
or you could use 225/45/R16 (5.08mm difference in size… but I think 225 is too big for a 7" wheel… sidewall will be buldging out).

oops, rich

i dont knowwhy i was thining dan

too many pople come by, not enough memory

but anyways, i was planning on running 245’s

Aww Matty - I’m flattered dude - :slight_smile:

245/40/R16 is 2% too small
245/45/R16 is 2% too big

2% is a big difference imo… but some people believe that it’s tolerable… I think it’s pushing it a little bit… but 0.5% to 1% is acceptable I think…

i may be taing your tips lith
you seem quote knowledgable about this.

happy - hey buddy :smiley:

Matt, Lith is dead on, with my 245’s my Speedo is 6% off and at 180km/hr i’m actually going 190km/hr. It’s a bit scary when i revert back to thinking my speedo is right and then realize i’m 6% faster then usual. (basically puts me in the “you’re going to get a ticket zone”)

Word of caution: I was not able to find the sizes I really wanted.

IIRC, here is what I really wanted in tire sizes.

16x7 - 215/50/16
16x8 - 235/45/16

I ended up settling for, because they were available.

16x7 - 225/50/16
16x8 - 245/50/16

Also, if you have ABS you can’t have your tires 3% out.

Okay… here it is for you guys. This is my car with 16x8 +25 offset wheels both front and back. 225/50/16 tires all around:

The rear had quite a lot of camber before so please excuse that. But in my opinion, its perfectly flush… or maybe sticks out just a little. Either way, i like it. :smiley:

Don’t mind the piece of wood… i had it there so that i could jack the car up… forgot to take it out.
http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Marks%20Car/1.JPG

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Marks%20Car/6.JPG

Car before lowered
http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Marks%20Car/4x4%20suspension.JPG

[quote=“Lith”]

245/40/R16 is 2% too small
245/45/R16 is 2% too big

2% is a big difference imo… but some people believe that it’s tolerable… I think it’s pushing it a little bit… but 0.5% to 1% is acceptable I think…[/quote]

what do you mean by acceptable?
so that you know your doin 102 instead of 100?

i ove this thread, im learning a tonne

keep it coming

dip,

yeah, I mean 2% is borderline or so… keep in mind that if the wheel/tire is 2% bigger, it’ll also be slightly heavier and you’ll also put a little bit of extra stress on your studs/hubs etc…

but what people notice the most is the speed-o being way off when they drive at 100+ km/h… the faster you go, the more off it’ll be. Because of that your odometer will be off after some time. The longer you keep it like that, the worse it’ll be.

i was running 255/45/18s on my s14
at 100 i was actually doing 107.
just dont speed and youll be with in the limits.

That’s a pretty general statement. Keep in mind all wheels and tires regardless of size are going to have differing weights. For instance my 18 inch forged rims with tires actually weigh LESS than the stock 6 spoke rims they replaced.

A 2% difference in tire size wont stress your suspension a great deal…running supper low offsets and high camber angles are the biggest contributers to suspension stress and premature wear on parts.

cgguy, that is very true…

I guess the main point is that your odometer and speedometer will be off… by how much? that’s up to you :slight_smile:

i seen that red 240 off of finch and weston