Online College

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about it? Specific colleges?
Id really like to take online classes instead of working full time and taking night classes at UB or Buff State.

I’m making pretty solid money now for doing very little at a cube and don’t want to give that up right now to work part time at some shitty job to scrape by. Poor people suck.

Thoughts? Opinions? Facts?

Little help here.

What kind of degree are you looking for?

Was looking into a bachelors in Accounting.

I want to wear a lot of argyle and tape my glasses.

from a an online college? you think employers will take that seriously?

lol. Employers look to see if you have a degree… they don’t care where from, in most cases.

A good friend landed an $60k salary with her “online” B.S…

A degree is really only going to get you the interview. In most cases.

I was reading up on some of the online colleges that you may see on TV. too bad some say that additional certification may be required which they dont cover.

Thats what im hoping to figure out. Thats why i asked.

I got the job that i currently have that requires a degree. But only because I interview really well. If the degree would get me a call for an interview…why not do it online?

You can always earn XX credits online, then finish up at a brick & mortar if that’ll make you feel better.

I didnt know that University of Phoenix credits were accepted at UB

I hire people for a living. When I see a degree from University of Phoenix, I laugh and toss it.

It might land you an entry level job, but you probably won’t become a VP with an online degree

I have no idea, but she didn’t go through UofPhoenix. FWIW

Penn State does offer an online MBA, thats a little different than on from U of Phoenix

^ WinnaR

that is kind of dumb

There was a recent poll of all teh top CEO’s who asked if they weigh an online degree the same as a brick and motar, and 98% said yes…

Credible online universities are just as good if not better then a tradiional school…

BUT the same 98% said they value Work experience over Schooling…

Well I hire Execs. you need strong work experience and great schooling.

I have yet to hire anyone that has an online degree, mainly because the people that are VPs don’t have them. The people that do have online Degrees are too weak anyway.

Do you have the link to the article.

Do these top CEOs have people with online degrees as their VPs? I doubt it.

EDIT: If you have two candidates with similar experience and one has a degree from Yale and the other from University of Phoenix which would you pick.

TC3.edu

They have some great 2 year online programs. I understand you said 4 year, just tossing some alternatives in the mix.

I’m looking to be an accountant…not a director of marketing or a CFO…

^I’m just looking out for your future. You are CFO material.

ABSAFUCKINLUTELY!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

This quarters profits shall be allocated to crunk and grits, oh look i has a bucket :stuck_out_tongue:

These are some places that do online Accounting Bachelors