only a 9 game suspension for a sucker punch, wtf...

if we were both walking and i pretty much cut you off into a wall… then you cracked me… i would be like ok wtf… but its not like spacek did absolutely nothing… for all you know they could have been talking shit the whole game

Uhm, either way…

It still doesn’t warrant a blatently malicious cheap shot. If you’re pissed about something, you man up and go face to face about it, not do a spineless thing such as one-punching someone from behind.

Shit like that has no place in the game. Any game for that manner. That shit is even lame in boxing.

brieres “sucker punch” was while wearing a padded glove and he hit the guy in the helmet, thats like a slap on the wrist. nichol physically threw off his glove to deck spacek. that shows premeditation, not heat of the moment. he had to THINK to drop just ONE glove

you want to talk about “heat of the moment” things being ok, alright, todd bertuzzi sucker punched someone AND THEN proceeded to bash his lifeless face against the ice…but thats cool b/c it was just the “heat of the moment”…good call there :ham:

the point that EVERY ANALYST HAS MADE is that a real hockey player would have had the balls to grab spacek by the shoulder and go face to face/toe to toe, b/c thats how shit goes in hockey…thats how it goes in a “checking sport”

not some bitch ass little punk taking a bare knuckle cheap shot from behind…

+1
nice rant
agree completely

when did i say the betruzzi thing was a good idea or cool…

I’m just saying shit happens… hockey is a rough sport… fists fly… heaven forbid something like this happens… there are cheap shots all the time… nichols lost his temper and he took a swing… WOOO… I don’t care for the predators. but if Maxim took a swing like that at someone… which i could see him doing… things would be different… spacek hits a lot… he pisses off people and he’s agressive…

have you ever played a contact sport? not saying that i’ve punched someone before… but i was constantly threatened, i’ve gotten punched in the nuts, whacked in the back of the legs with a stick elbowed in the face… shit happens… they caught this on camera and they can do something about it…

Right, because contact has nothing to do with cheapshots. Shockingly, I don’t want sucker punches in ANY sport.

He should get more than 9 games because this isn’t his first outburst like this. When he was still in the AHL he injured Connoly with a cheapshot elbow.

He has a history of disgusting actions, and this should have been handled more strickly. There really isn’t any other way to look at it. It’s doubtful that 9 games will curb his behavior, and eventually he WILL injure someone.

Well, you seem to have no problem with what happened to Jaroslav, and considering they were both cheap attacks from behind followed by shoving the victim into the ice, it could easily be assumed that you’re ok with the Bertuzzi play.

spacek will play next game…

big fucking difference there… I wasn’t saying its ok… its more like SHIT happens…

ugh

you’re right, shit happens. i hope someone cold cocks you out of nowhere, then you come complain about it here, and someone says “shit happens”…life’s a contact sport right? so that makes it cool…

what you’re clinging to is the fact that spacek will play next game. in fact, thats what the league clung to in only giving him 9 games. what if spaceks jaw was shattered? what if he broke his face falling to the ice unconscious? does that continue to fall under “shit happens?” what if steve moore didnt have his career end b/c of bertuzzi, and only had like a broken nose? that would then fall under “shit happens” b/c he wasn’t seriously hurt? wake the fuck up…

get past the fact that spacek will live. realize the guy took off his glove to be a little bitch and hit him when he wasn’t looking. contact sport or fucking not, it was a bitch move and he should pay much more dearly than 9 games…

btw, as to your “maybe you didnt play a sport where people get checked” line…ive played ice hockey my whole life. obviously you never had else you would be pissed off about it and not saying “shit happens.”

and theres not a fucking ice cubes chance in hell max would ever do something stupid like this. and if he did, i’d say throw the fucking book at him too b/c flat out:

THIS SHIT DOES NOT BELONG IN AN ORGANIZED PROFESSIONAL SPORT CALLED ICE HOCKEY. ICE HOCKEY IS NOT CALLED “SUCKER PUNCH LIKE A LITTLE BITCH” AND LET IGNORANT AND MISINFORMED PEOPLE (WHO PROBABLY SPENT THEIR CHILDHOOD THROWING TEA PARTIES FOR THEIR DOLLS AND NOT PLAYING ICE HOCKEY) SAY “SHIT HAPPENS”

bedtime

shit happens right? obviously, b/c williams was okay, so thats no big deal :ham:

Maxim is one of the most talented and respected players we have on our team right now.Do u not hear the crowd roar when he even comes near or touches that puck?? He would never cheap shot someone like that ever, if he did he would have done it by now.So i dont get how u say u could see one of the best players in the league just go up and cheap shot someone and get thrown out of 9 games and lose 25,000$, hes alot smarter than that.The only time Afinogenov ever fights is when someone shoves or swings at him first.He always use’s it as a last resort unlike peters or other dumbasses on our team.

Spacek is aggresive, thats how all good defensemen are.Of course its gonna piss people off when they get taken out of a play by a big or effective hit.:smash2:

1)I never said it fucking belongs in hockey.
2) I’ve played hockey
3) I’ve played Lacrosse and basketball
4) MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON WORKS TOO
5) my tea parties kicked ass thanks.

and Guess what this ignorant, misinformed Tea party loving mother fucker is still gonna say shit happens… and you know what… ITs gonna happen again, and again and again.

no, you’ve just said its acceptable b/c its a contact sport

and Guess what this ignorant, misinformed Tea party loving mother fucker is still gonna say shit happens… and you know what… ITs gonna happen again, and again and again.

as long as its quoted and you admit it, we’re all good to go :tup:

^^ You like the tea party?? You suck @ life but i agree with you @ hockey