OOP inspections

I need to get my Soarer inspected. Can anyone recommend a place for me? I’ve been turned down by two shops already because “they wont touch japanese cars”

You can PM me.

Thanks.

oh really …that is no good …and a soarer is the same as sc400 for alot of things …its not like a skyline or anything

yeah my friend ran into the same issue. he went to sherwood midas and they passed my friends 300zx and gtr and they were really cool about it. ask for clayton or bill

I still havent got my car oop either. Today I called this one stop tire and hitch place (they personally own skylines) and they kept telling me NO NO NO cause the government asks too many questions about imported cars. But after 5 minutes of begging them to help out another skyline owner they agreed to do it tomorrow morning at 10am and promise to be done by 12 noon. He told me I need day time running lights, rear reflectors, a third break light and I have to adjust my headlights. Is there anything else anyone knows I need to do? there number is #988-0888 (I think if its wrong let me know and I will find it) It is right by whyte ave.

go to the st.albert trail fountain tire… they were cool with me told me i had to change some things. And i explained to them things were working properly and they passed me. The thing you really have to watch for is tires… make sure they are newish and no rips if they do borrow someone elses rims for the inspections. Other than that make sure all lights.Brakes and windshield washer parts work and u will pass will flying colors

Go to Speedy Automotive, good guys

umm, no. The guy must be thinking you need an out of country inspection or something, a lot of places forget about the 15 year rule. Talk to typhoon, I’m sure he can tell you a good shop to take it to for the oop

I should have read this earlier its 1:30 am and I just finished running those UGLY daytime running lights for that shop so I am just going to take it to him at 10am. I also had a fairlady and I took it to mega watt (auto source) and they wouldnt pass it. They said the only thing it needed was to get DOT approved head lights so I did and while I was waiting for them I took the car out of the shop and when I brought it back with the new headlights they said they werent done the inspection and needed it for another day but I had someone coming from Calgary to look at it so I never sent it back to complete the oop because the guy ended up buying it. I heard Deans Auto on 34ave passes ANYTHING!! Im just a little to scared to leave my car there… :roll: Long story short I had a BAD experience with this oop crap. I am hoping my car passes in the 2 hours he has it if not deans auto wont look like such a bad place after all.

actually they want that stupid shit for oop’s now. Its gayness.

Thats what I was told from everyone too. For the skyline you also need the third break light plus everything I mentioned above. And the fairladys need DOT headlights and all the above stuff too.

seen a company selling approved headlights. pretty ugly and expensive imo. i think they wanted $900 for the set. cant remember the site.

nothing has changed for requirements of OOP for JDM or USDM cars , it is just that the original rules and requirements are being enforced tighter as alot of places were quite relaxed with their rules. I heard and alot of cars that were mechanically unsafe were passed along with headlight and reflectors being overlooked. If a shop passes a car that is mechanically unsafe or does not meet the OOP standards for lights and indicators then the car can be taken off the road and the shop be fined or licsence taken away so alot of shops dont even both anymore as JDM cars are risky that way and people will hassle the shop to do their inspection. I love the S13 as it is so easy to retrofit if needed

I PASSED I PASSED I PASSED!!! :smiley: Now after a month of driving illegally I can register my car!!!

The shop it went to also isnt doing any more oop on imported cars he did it cause he felt bad for me… Oh well Lucky me

For the skyline or for the fairlady? You can get DOT ones for the fairlday from any us/can 300zx used I paid $500 for mine and they were the exact same thing with 3 dimples and DOT/SAE carved in them.

yeah it was those 3 dimples one for the skyrine

Another 2 years and hopefully I’ll be doing OOP’s.