Open letter to riders [bad ideas inside]

omg, finally someone who knows how to ride! pm me to ride like real men.

I’m hoping that was sarcasm?

Affect.

yea… 50 is too cold to be pushing a bike through turns unless you have tirewarmers and are really pushing with soft compound tires…

if you’re not 100% smooth and in the right conditions, you’re risking an accident…

now, drag racing in this weather on a bike is awesome.

As for people NOT riding in this weather, im all for that too, there are enough NICE days out of the year to NOT beat yourself up on the shitty ones.

/realriders4L/

I was doing some thinking… 50 degrees isnt too cold…

if it is, a couple shots of jack normally warms me up pretty well, coupled with heated grips and a toasty motor… I’m normally off to the races… and by races I mean more bars along the way incase i get chilly.

yes, i forgot about adding liquor to the riding equation. You could always use your cell phone in your helmet to keep your mind off being cold.

every .1 your BAC goes up = 10.2 F increase in outside temp feeling.

Not bad when u figure 4 shots in a 130 lb frame can get you to 62.2 F in about 30 minutes, then all you have to do is maintain it.

Pussy, just man up and go numb.

I rode my motorcycle to school once in high school when it was 29 degrees out when I left the house. It was only a few miles but that was just plain painful.

when i bought my 954 i rode it to work everynight… leaving to go home at 7am or 11pm was the worst… 30 degrees sucks on a bike, but when its new and exciting… you just dont know any better.

Don’t lock this thread, I’m going to bump it on January 1st and get a group ride of all the Hardxcore riders together, who cares if there’s 2 feet of snow on the ground? Man up and by snow tires you fucking pussys!

Also, the ride will consist of a bar crawl of some sort, ya know…to keep us warm while riding 400mph and doing wheelies in front of newborn children walking to school.

http://corey.cabler.com/pics/gsxr_on_ice.jpg

They do a jan 1st ride almost every year on wnysr.

So crazy… i like my bike and body too much…

I might do one this year though. in shorts. and a tee. cuz im a mans man.

damn, i was gonna post the stoppie on ice pic. damn u fry!

lol

Theres a dude on kawi forums that stunts his 636 on snow with snow tires.

Isn’t this your first season riding? And you already know all about cold weather :rolleyes:

If something does happen, is it any of your fucking business? If Brian or myself wanted to go slow and be a bunch of pussies we’d drive cars and not have fun going out and pushing the limits. You get better at things by pushing your limits.

He meant a hoodie under a Leather…wouldn’t be caught riding without his leather…

No offense Joe, you admittadly rode way above your experience on your first crash, and the crash that ended your season you got hit in a parking lot…not exactly the same thing.

Doesn’t ride a gixxer, but nice try.

Unfortunately Brian will be in the navy in February, but i’ll be glad to meet you for a ride :wave:

We will ride 240 hard…harder than you ever could, and you know this. I suggest shutting the fuck up until you learn how to not get passed by people who have been riding for 3 weeks(r6 Joe)

Brian is straight edge, and I never drink when riding.

Again brian doesn’t drink. And again, I’ll gladly meet you on January 1st for a ride.

Lol first Joe don’t take thread this seriously. Apparently someone got their panties in a bunch.

Secondely wtf are you talking about getting passed by r6 Joe???

I can and do push 240 just as hard as anyone else, getting tickets out there and road quality are the only reasons I’m not out there anymore

Not true. I’ve ridden 240 with you a few times, in perfect conditions. Same with 198. And yes you are in fact slow.

:drama2:

I’m slow, I’ll admit it. There’s a time and a place for everything, but for some people that’s any time and anywhere. Remember, just because you like to push the limits and are ready to accept the consequences doesn’t mean everyone else in your life is ready.

I do agree with this, and keep in mind we aren’t exactly new at this. This is my 6th season and Brian’s 5th i think. Both put close to 20k per year on. Theres a lot of seat time between us.