Operation $pring Break

well, not that kind of “operation”…:rofl

I personally fail to see the point of these type of operation other than so the department can fulfill their monthly ticket quota in like the 5 days during the “operation”. I just don’t see how setting us up the bomb for these few days will translate to year around driver’s speed limit compliance around work zones.

Work zone speeding violations usually yields them fat tickets as a person travelling at 68 on a 65 that fail to slow down at a 45 section will translate to 23 over and in a work zone so I think fines are doubled?

8:35 AM
Police enforce “Operation Spring Break”
By: Web Staff

NEW YORK – State Police are cracking down on aggressive driving in construction zones as part of their annual five day Operation Spring Break campaign. With construction season starting, and more commuters on the road due to the warmer weather, the Thruway Authority is warning drivers to be more alert and watch their speed while traveling in construction zones.

During last year’s Operation Spring Break campaign, more than 2,000 tickets were issued to drivers violating speed limits.

The extra safety enforcement begins Monday.

source: http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/top_stories/582817/police-enforce--operation-spring-break-/

I am all for making the thruway look better, and run smoother… so sure why the hell not do all the construction from exit 24-22. Have at it.

BUT WHY THE FUCK do they have to do something that large scale during the day, more importantly rushhours? tens of thousands of people EACH DAY pass through those points from 7-9 AM and 4-6PM… when the 8/9PM till say 4AM there is little to no traffic passing through the same points.

they spends MILLIONS on crazy ass light systems but hardly use them. I know there are 2nd and 3rd shifts for DOT workers, use them. One could also argue the chances of someone getting hurt by traffic would be a THOUSAND TIMES MORE likely working on the roads at the day time than at night, due to the traffic volume and impatient pissed off late drivers.

Look at how fast 24-25 got torn up and paved last year… DURING THE NIGHT TIME. There was no hindrance or atleast very little to the rush hour commute. Unlike the +10-15 or LONGER delays I see every day since they started this shit.

Eastbound is a prime target, becasue people are pissed at the retards getting off at 24, and nail it as soon as they pass the ramp. BOOM work zone. Slow down for the trooper sitting the bushes, and nail it when they are out of sight. There are jersy barriers along the entire zone, only 3 places for the cops to sit. so catching speeders is impossible for the most part, minus following them behind and shooting them with laser while traveling.

Want to stop speeders and make it safer for the workers? Make the construction happen at night when there are less drivers and less congestion/need to get somewhere on time. People drive MUCH more calmly at night than during the day time.

Want $$$ from fines? Do what you are doing and piss everyone off and play sharks and minnows with the drivers and the workers on the side of the road.

I have nothing to add other than the fact that sharks and minnows was a bomb ass game in elementary school!

:number1

thats what my cop buddies call it when they are on traffic patrol. Trolling is when they are coming up behind drivers shooting radar or watching for moving violations. “catchin them with a bobber” is sitting in the bushes shooting radar. And foul hooking them is when they follow them and the driver gets all nervous and crosses the yellow or rolls a stop sign.

LOL

Whoever thought doing construction on 787, the dunn memorial bridge, and the thruway all at the same time needs to die in a fire.

Yes. Driving home from work has doubled in time thanks to this asshattery

I stayed at my grandmothers house this week in east greenbush. Dealth with putting in a roundabout, crossing the dunn with that shit, i-90 stop and go across the other one all morning. I was literally trapped.