Opinions needed.

So my fiance and I found a nice little house out in Clairton that suits most of our needs. It’s on Thompson Avenue, but I don’t know the area too well. It’s about 2-3 minutes from fmfkid250’s shop. Can anyone give some advice on the area good or bad?

The 7-11 accepts food stamps.

you’ll be nice & close to the Dyno

Personally, I would not feel comfortable living in Clairton, however maybe I have only been in the bad parts of Clairton

ummmm… if you don’t know the area, then i’d go there and really look around. there are a few places that are more than fine for the area… and some that i would never live in… flyinglow should be pretty good for spotting good vs bad areas… maybe?

i would take a ride past a few times at different times of the day… you will get the feel for it just by checking it out.

camp out on the sidewalk for a few nights. If you only get mugged a few times, it’s probably a nice area.

^ LOL

ask the cops in clairton. get it straight from the source :rolleyes:

talk to boost junkie his shop is out that way…

i would not want to have kids in that area though

That part doesn’t seem too bad. That’s about a 1/4 mile from my wife’s ex’s house. I’ll ask him specifically about that street, but I don’t suspect it’s much different.

x2

Kid’s aren’t an option right now, but we took a drive around and the area is just rundown. Thanks for the input though.

im from right next to clairton wilson area i am not too familiar with that part of clairton because that is way on the opposite side from where i was at. ill ask my brother what he thinks he is always up in clairton. the schooling isnt good so thats one thing to remember about having kids. if you decide in the future. private or move.

the one part of clairton that i was thinking about able to live is not near that area. wilson has some decent homes. but personally i wouldnt live up “on the hill” what that is considered

just looked again. thats what they call “up by the stadium” thats a pretty bad area. ask anyone that knows anything about clairton.

ask a cop. easy solution

ask the neighbors

call the chief, or show up at the station. they are almost always friendly and willing to take a few minutes to speak the truth about an area. They’ll tell you how often they are in the area…

Well…I dont live there

that could only improve the neighborhood!

I have been over there for about 3 months . From what i can see so far it doesent seem to bad where my shop is.

Houses are cheap over that way. They are cheap for a reason I guess. Its in an overall good location no matter where you are traveling to.