Opinions on Nissan Murano

Not the most recent version. Let’s say an AWD 2007 Murano S with under 40k miles.

The Expedition is giving me problems and considering I was getting rid of it in a year anyway I think it’s just time to move on. I will be using this to tow my 3000lb boat around WNY in the summer, daily driver for the wife.

Why not just Buy an FX at that point ?

Why not just buy a Porsche Cayenne at that point?

Comfy as hell I think. Co-worker of mine has one and loves it.

Why not just buy a Lamborghini LM002 at that point?

the lambo still goes for 100k, the cayenne will still be atleast 10-15k more, and the FX is also a good choice. Murano has a bit more cargo space, though. But if you want sporty, I definitely recommend the FX.(on my second one now) You should be loooking to spend around 25-30 for one with under 40k for an 07/08, murano will be a little cheaper. If you want to tow, I would get an fx45 though. Murano has no v8 option…and the vq35 motors towing isnt the best (though it can handle it) I would opt for a FX45.

i love the FX…

My wife had a Fx35… and now has an EX35 (too small for you)

the FX35 is great… the FX45/50 are good tow vehicles

The Cayennes (non turbo) can be had cheap and will tow a ton…

so will the VW toureag

lol I think Jay is smashing his keyboard over his knee right about now.

“Hey guys what do you think about Breyers chocolate ice cream?”

“You should try yogun fruze in the mall.”

“I like steak.”

Yeah, about that. :slight_smile:

HA. Love the serious response to the Lambo suggestion!

lol @ everyone here :slight_smile:

How is towing with a CVT transmission? :gotme:

Murano is a great vehicle as far as I’m concerned. I am a big nissan fan. I’ve driven as well ridden in them and have always enjoyed them.

I would think the CVT would be awesome to tow with since you don’t have to worry about downshifts and kicking in and out of overdrive, but what do I know? not much. 3k isn’t a whole lot of boat anyways. I’d be more worried about wheel slippage on the boat ramp with the FWD biased all-wheel drive before I’d be worried about the CVT.

I love lamp.

That was my one concern, but I haven’t been able to find much talk about problems towing. I have seen several boat forums where people are towing similar loads with no issue, and found lots of “internet towing experts” who have probably never even been in a Murano say no way it will work and you need a 3/4 ton pickup to tow 3k.

As far as slipping on the ramp they have a push button awd lock that locks it 50/50 front/rear up to 19mph, so a wet slimy ramp won’t be an issue.

haha those dudes are awesome. They also probably paid $40k for their F-150s lol.

If I were you, I would also consider a honda pilot. The murano looks better, but the pilot is rated for 5,000 lbs. It would give you a little bit of re-assurance on the towing headroom.

Looks like there were some problems with the first CVT’s in the Murano, but Nissan recalled and replaced them with an updated design. The newer ones have much higher than average reliability ratings for what that’s worth.

We just bought a 2010 murano. Absolutely love the car. We got ours completely loaded. The one thing I have to complain about it the front seats wear horrible. Once the leather stretches it like puffs up. It’s been back to the dealer twice. They finally just put new seats in. I guess the interior in the 07s are better I heard. Not sure though. Other than that it’s a great suv. I had no other problems

Thanks John he already bought it fggt lol

I’m not sure why people don’t think the cayenne S is a serious contender. you get a V8 porsche for a similar price to the V6 nissan.