Help my parents pick an SUV. (big pic)

I’m trying to talk my parents into a right choice, but my mom and dad are still tore over these two SUVS:
Now, My parents are both 50 yrs old, so they could care less about horsepower and fun shit, they like the features and creature comfort like heated seats, comfy seats ect…
They ruled out:

• Escalade: MSRP is near double of the nissan
  • Tahoe: Pricy in loaded form, too big
  • X5: My mom hates BMW’s :frowning:
  • Touraeg: Dad doesn’t like seats or interior (or the image of driving a VW for some reason)
  • FX45: Uncomfy seats

They narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.manicmelon.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/enclave.jpg

http://www.xoombee.com/home/images/stories/article%20images/murano/2009murano_MAIN.jpg

I preffer the murano.
Which ever they get, it will be loaded…Leather is a must and Navi.
They’re views on the pros and cons of each:
Murano PROS:
-side profile of car is sexxxay
-tons of airbags
-most comfy seats out of all SUV’s
Murano CONS:
-It’s a Nissan and my dad is a Domestic guy, never owned a foreign car
(even though he is from germany, he dislikes european cars)
-Smaller than enclave(which isn’t bad, I need to change his view on this)

Enclave PROS:
-It’s a GM so there is a ton of rebates and my dad has a few thousand in bonus $ on his GM card
-They think it is more luxurious/elegant
-3rd row seating

Enclave CONS:
-Crappier intown MPG
-Longer vehicle

• it’s a domestic so it won’t be worth shit in 5 years. (MY OPINION)

Basically, this will be a DD for my mom. She will be using it to travel to work and grocery shop. We have a family of four but My brother and I will be out of the house soon.
My dad dislikes cars, he was looking at a CTS but he wants my mom in a SUV.
I’d like to hear your guys views on each car, and if you have any other suggestions lets hear them.

the top one, hands down, the bottom one is UGLY

my dads highschool buddy is an executive over at gm in michigan, he says the enclave is the cream of the crop but then again go figure

ah sorry, that was the old murano…i fix the pic

I’m not going to lie. the Enclave is danm nice. I’d say it’s on par with an escalade as far as luxury goes

my previous post still applies haha

and not defending the nissan, but the pictures do not do it justice

i detail enclaves all day and they are super nice and luxurious and for some reason buick tends to hold decent resale value as far as the nissan goes its ugly as hell but most likley will have a kickass resale value
imo id go for the enclave
goodluck

Go with the Buick

Murano. Your mom doesnt need a boat of a car/truck to get to work and back.

Unless she has 3 kids or a construction business she wont need the size of the Buboat either.

For me GM, and Buick still have the stigma of junk. Their old, ugly ass emblems and styling cues really detract from the vehicles as well.

Enclave.

What about an SRX? They’re a few years old and still win comparo’s.

Enclaves are dam nice but big. V8 and hybrid models are definitly coming in the future as well.

Nissan is ugly

Murano cleaned up shop in crash testing, including just owning the competition in side-impact crashes.

Just a thought. It is sort of goofy looking though.

The Buick is alright. There are some things I REALLY like,a nd then a few things that are ugly as sin which makes me really not like it. (Namely the grill, wheels, and those damn fender “vents”)

Both aren’t really lookers though.

they still make srx’s and they drive shitty compared to the enclave

I like the nissan

enclave

have your parents look into a honda CRV my father loves his… he had a 04 he loved it, then it got the 07, he loves it even more… the gas milage is nice, and the power is good too. ive driven the SUV many of times.

CRV is too small.

buick