Ordered a custom plate...

Awesome!

Of course, I still need a matching chair, hat, and leather jacket though… LOL

Thanks dudes. Front plate wont go on this car, I haven’t had a front plate on many of my cars and hardly get hassled. I have the advantage of the cops thinking I’m probably some old guy with bald hair so they look the other way…

:tup:

Do you Vette boys generally have any issues with no front plate? I hear you’re generally invincible when it comes to that, most towns don’t mind on that platform for some reason.

Are you serious? lol

tint, no front plate, loud exhaust no issues :slight_smile:

ehhhhhh i meant more for those of us that drive the car more than once or twice every other week, lol

You guys are lucky. One would think a little leeway would be giving for a old mustang. I don’t run a front plate on my 69. Came out side the other day to a ticket under the wiper for no plate :frowning: only in the city I guess. Iv been through many inspection and dwi checks without issue b4 that. But not safe on my own street! Should of bought a Vette

I put a ton of miles on it this year no issues.

Also in talking with a few other people with Vettes locally who do drive more then I do no issues :slight_smile:

good to know Justin.

Tom I got popped regularly in the city for no front plate and expired inspection when I lived there and parked in the street. They really are brutal.

I can’t think of anything that sounds better then a cammed C6 Zo6. Solid purchase:tup:, I would give up my left nut for one. And I am always amazed at how a C6 Zo6 makes a non Z car look so narrow.

Siqqqqq, let’s race

I’ve driven this thing to work almost every day for the past 3 weeks, I can’t get enough of it. It needs moar loud though. I spoke with FilthyHabits about a possible exhaust but I’m gonna wait until after I re-do the cylinder heads. Plan to send them out to American Heritage Performance in California, as it seems a lot of guys have recommended them.

Quatts, lets do it, race for pink slips?

I wouldn’t touch the factory exhaust if it’s dual mode if anything add headers/no cats or high flows it will get a lot louder.

many of the aftermarket exhausts drone in the interior on the highway with the dual mode you can close it on trips

Also the cam will make the car louder

Back from my LS2 days, I always thought the GTO’s that sounded the best were long tubes into the factory exhaust. The SLP was WAY too loud for my liking. Some guys ditched the X pipe for an H pipe, maybe I got that backwards, but I never saw the benefit of it.

Well this is with cats

https://youtu.be/s6IoL_5xM6Y

Its actually much louder now without cats when open

At 4 seconds in it sounded like sex

^ The NPP option is really trick, I was really surprised at how civil it is on LZs car with the valves closed even catless. Of course with valves open it’s a beast.

The plan for now is to just replace the headers and delete the cats. I guess I’ll see how I like that before I do anything with the mufflers. Wouldn’t mind hearing yours in person, LZ

I just re-arranged the garage so I’ll be able to pull the heads off in a couple months when I get bored of the cold. Probably won’t be driving it much more, if it all after today. It’s under the cover and hooked up to a battery tender. I have the itch to start working on it but I’ll leave it be in case we get anymore days like today.

im constantly watching youtube videos of c6 z06’s

I really like the sound of the AR long tubes and off road X pipe mated with the stock axle back.

have you looked into a cam setup? im wondering how much of a toll a more aggressive cam takes on a motor like this in terms of longevity.

Go to take a nap you indecisive bastard.

<3