Osad's CA Build

So Dan finally has found the CA he has been searching for. Who knew it would be in Calgary?

This will be the build thread for Dan’s “Cross Canada” CA.

Pics:

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/Blue_S13/Dano/PA280021.jpg

Not bad for only $150.

And of course the perfect condition turbo…haha

Bob Dole uploaded this video to

I’ll have most of it broken open tomorrow to see what has gone wrong in the bottom end.

Enjoy this ongoing build.

no shaft play on that bad boy what so ever… lol!

is osad going to be putting this in his ae86?

Great, finally a ca18det build on this forum. Will be following this CA build. Go Blue!

CA turbo’s are crap either way, bolt on an SR turbo and your good to go to start off!

Congratz to Dan!

says the man with a KA-T build lol

I should’ve done one for mine. :frowning:

BTW that was an SR T25…since you’ve never seen a CA one you’d know.

LOL, this is some hardcore cross-canada collaboration. Motor will be built assembeled almost entirely ( i hope lol ) by Nick in Calgary and shipped back to Toronto. Yes it will be going into my AE12.

Plans are for a cleaning and OEM rebuild. SR turbo will be used.

Nick, you have a photo journal on FB of your build. Not too detailed, but still cool.

My personal goal is 200whp and as close to 200ft/lb as possible.

Ahh, so you’re aiming to build that CA up to less than what a stock SR dynos :smiley:

its def not a ca turbo… ca turbos have the flange built in to them. i m sticking with my stock ca turbo for now, nothing wrong with a small turbo on a small engine… less lag for street driving. though i’ll be looking to upgrade once its busted from turning up the boost.

For less than half the price? Yes.

Also, stock SR’s dyno around 180 far as I’ve seen.

Stay in Korea. Fag. Dont forget to play Dota.

Stocker does nothing but blow hot air passed 10psi…

ae12 or ae82? typo? pic’s of the car are manditory lol

peace

stock srs dyno much less than 200whp. 205 is the flywheel hp & drivetrain loss for rwd is abt 20-25%, so thats less than 160whp for the stock sr.

Osad’s rocken a s12 isn’t he ? so who ever thought it was an AE86 must have been mistaken.

Btw good luck with the motor Dan, I personally love my CA.

Thanks dood. The car is an S12. Some (ignorant) people refuse to stop watching anime, and believe it to be a toyota corolla, or a corrado, or a celica supra…

Pics of car the motor is going into:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/3868496011_0e9aea0462.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/3869284834_61a55257a8.jpg

my sr is over 300 wheel its stock ish

Who would you like to stroke your cock first? Should everyone get in line?

on a brighter note, got dyno charts? whats done to it?

i was going to say get me the dyno sheet, then i keyed in on the key word! ‘‘stock ish’’ the ‘‘ish’’

thx for the pics and clearing up what kind a car you got. the drop and wheel and tire combo look hot, but i kinda don’t like these cars. something about them i don’t know. maybe the oversized tail lights or squared grille? any how its old school and thats allright with me. good luck with that build.

peace

That car is so nice man,Oh man SO NICE!!!