OSX Software

Couple things… just got a new macbook, which is cool. However we have an older G4 powerbook, which is on its last legs. I want to reformat it but the OSX CD’s for the “mac-tel” don’t work for the powerbook. My fiance (whose powerbook it is) has long lost the cd’s. Anyone happen to have cd’s i could snag for that and/or know the licensing for it (i.e. dell ships oem cd’s that enters the product key for you, does mac osx have product keys?)

secondly, any mac users have recommendations on any software and/or where to get it?

i’ve never really done much with mac’s so you can go pretty basic.

I’ve got OSX 10.3 if you need it.

definitely get quicksilver. get in the habit of using it and you’ll love it. for chat, use adium. it’s better than ichat and aim. it’s the OSX equivalent to trillian. there’s a bunch more stuff i have at home i’ll find the sites for you when i get home.

as for OSX discs…i still have them i think for 10.4. i’ll look when i get home from work. if i do, you can use them.

cool - i’ve got 10.4 on the macbook… i don’t really care which version just want to get the powerbook back up and running properly.

now to get the dog to stop eating the power adapter for that one, not sure if anyone has a fix for that :frowning:

he has eaten 3 of them now lol, he’s never touched my dell one from work though

he likes white better. i dunno…put hot sauce on it?

Drop me an IM, I can get you set up. This shit is basically my job.

fixed :wink:

fair enough.

i just found a new program that allows you to use the wii remote as a mouse. i’m working on getting that to work.

yeah im gonna do that one of these days.

i have the bluetooth tongle already.

apparently you can use the sensor bar too. for some reason every time i open Darwiin, it just quits. i’ve tried 2 different releases of the program too. any idea of other apps that will do this?

what do u need to use darwin for?

darwiin…not darwin. darwiin was the name of the program i attempted to use to interface with the wii remote.