Our new fixer-upper *MORE PIC**

I do residential work but I’m not licensed or insured… Looks like a nice house.

[quote=“4DOORBABE,post:6,topic:34342"”]

It is in East Otto…10 minutes from the end of the 219 in Springville. It is not a dirt road ANYMORE,what you are seeing is just the shoulder of the road.

I am so excited and scared all at the same time. Buying a house is not like renting one…you can’t exactly pick up and move if things get to expensive. Oh well…

[/quote]

Cool.

That is just down the street from my friend’s dad’s property. Where we play paintball. He’s right up next to the state land out there. Nice area.

so we found out today that this house also comes with a barn… we are closing Oct 11th:ohyeah:

congrats…it’d be scary to buy a house that needs a lot of work but good luck!

<–was at OTTOFEST this year! You HAVE to attend next year, had an amazing time. Not a long drive at all, maybe 10-15 minutes away from Springville.

Congrats. Hope you like mowing…

Definitely has potential though. You will be doing a lot of work.

[quote=“joelster,post:45,topic:34342"”]

<–was at OTTOFEST this year! You HAVE to attend next year, had an amazing time. Not a long drive at all, maybe 10-15 minutes away from Springville.

[/quote]

Maybe next year we can hold an OTTOFEST party at the house!

here is a photo of our land

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/justa4door/housepic.jpg

that is a side road there … so we have a corner lot but not one

not even a lot… :gotme: we do own some of the creek in the back …OFF ROADING anyone

holy jeeezez, it looks so freaking flat… mud pit drag strip? build an ice rink? whatcha wanna do?

we are going to get that locker on bills jeep…and go nuts… for ice we are getting the flat track bikes out and going ice racing :gotme: i just wanna kill it sideways

we cant go to crazy in the flat areas we are going to sell the hay to the guy next door

[quote=“justa4door,post:43,topic:34342"”]

so we found out today that this house also comes with a barn… we are closing Oct 11th:ohyeah:

[/quote]

You just found out it has a barn?

Why just now, does it have dead bodies in it or something?:uhh:

Wow that place needs a lot of work, but looks like you got the funding for it which is very cool! It will be worth a lot more than 80K when you are finished with it. Doing most of the work yourself? With a new roof and siding it will look 100x better for sure.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:51,topic:34342"”]

You just found out it has a barn?

Why just now, does it have dead bodies in it or something?:uhh:

[/quote]

we just found it in the search thing… its behind the house next door we thought it was theres… :gotme: no dead people…

yes the house will be a lot nicer with everything done

Eesh. Looks like a ton of work. I hope you don’t find any major problems under the cosmetics. What did the home inspector say about the electricals? A good time to redo the home’s wiring is when you have to tear it up anyway, not after it’s already been redone.

It’ll be awesome when it’s all done. Good luck!

O.M.F.G.

$47k?

IB4howiebitchesabouttaxesinwestchesterbeing>$47k

[quote=“BikerFry,post:54,topic:34342"”]

Eesh. Looks like a ton of work. I hope you don’t find any major problems under the cosmetics. What did the home inspector say about the electricals? A good time to redo the home’s wiring is when you have to tear it up anyway, not after it’s already been redone.

It’ll be awesome when it’s all done. Good luck!

[/quote]

they looked at it but w/o anything on we cant really say well this needs to be fixed and this… in side the house the contractor only said about 1100 worth of work in there for dumb holes is walls and water damage in one room … and a new water line b/c the pipe burst 2 years ago from ice…

also the house has been empty for 3 years

Water damage = mold = mad loot to fix.

I’d be careful.

[quote=“Daddie,post:58,topic:34342"”]

Water damage = mold = mad loot to fix.

I’d be careful.

[/quote]

we had that looked at … its all ok…so far we hope till we take walls down

Have you ever watched the movie Money Pit with Tom Hanks?