Ovechkin 124Million dollar deal

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iIa8jbCBBWZPYO9urWNzjeQAla0gD8U3DAAG0

shit, well, hes rich now.

‘i like amerriicaaaaa’

impressive… haha at his toothless picture

Over Rated :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe will all that $ he can afford a haircut and some teeth.

its hard to argue hes not worth it when you look at the vanek deal

I’d rather have Vanek.

:lol:

Fuck, beaten already.

Its hard to argue the Vanek deal wasnt a knee jerk reaction to losing briere and drury.

Its also hard to look at vanek as being worth his deal.

Wow…

And he won’t have to pay an agent anything. Ovechkin worked out the details himself in negotiations with Leonsis and general manager George McPhee. The 22-year-old Russian was in the final season of a three-year, entry-level deal. His salary-cap number for this season, taking into account bonuses, is $3.83 million.

Vanek is fucking terrible, he needs conditioning

Ovechkin is fucking awesome

kinda figured, look at the contract richards got from the flyers earlier this year. i have a feeling salaries are gonna be getting out of hand again real soon…sigh

i know. and people need to remember that these salaries are all GUARANTEED! like baseball contracts. only difference is, mlb is WAY more stable than the nhl, and mlb has the revenue to support guaranteed contracts. the nhl does not have the revenue, nor do individual teams have the stability to swallow huge guaranteed contracts if players flop. hopefully the newest long term contacts dont end up handcuffing some franchises into pre-lockout woes.

not one person made a remark about the contract being 13years, lol still doesnt beat DiPietros 15 year tho. he is worth it. ovechkin is one hell of a player and is amazing to watch.

It’s a gamble, but the payoff could be building a dynasty…

deal is sweet for him but there is still a salary cap and that only takes money away from another player they could have signed.

i’d like to see what crosby makes/gets offered. that kid is god danm good

He might be worth 9 million a year now and in the next few years during his prime but the question is if he’ll be worth 10 mil a year when he’s 32-35 years old. That’s the risk though that clubs now face. Sign a player extremely long term and hope he stays healthy and productive. In ten years who knows what the cap will be and how much salaries may be???

He’s the one player I wanted to see on the Sabres more than anyone else.

1. Tremendous skill.
  2. Gives everything he’s got every game.
  3. More than willing to hit even though he’s a real skill player.

He is the kind of guy you can build a team around. Now they just need to find him some people to play with so all that talent stops going to waste on that shit of a team.

vanek is really sucking for the money we paid him

he signed a 7 year $49million extension over the summer.

+1

He plays hard, then gets a big contract and realizes that he is going to get paid whether he produces or not.

They should put the players on some type of bonus program so they have to work for it.