owned a 50th anniv vette in the twisties

ok so i know wut ur thinking by the thread title, no i didn’t own a vette in the t/a, but s14m3 did hes just to lazy to write about it. So here goes me n s14m3 just turned off rt 19 in his m3 and i spotted a 50th anniv vette convo. we followed him for about a half a mile, when he flipped on his left signal and proceeded down one of our favorite roads :smiley: . At first the vette didn’t seem like he wanted to play but then he started to dig into the throttle, he shot ahead surprisingly but by the time the vette got to the corner we were on his ass. He would walk away on the short straights but he was quickly reeled in by the exit of every corner. This went on for the entire road wich consists of about 12 turns in all. Probably averaged about 80 on the majority of the road. This definitely made my day and brings a smile to my face every time i ride in his car. BTW don’t get me wrong i’m very aware of how powerful and capable vettes are but he was no match for the dirty30. Hope you all enjoy.

good story

:cool:

werd, good story. It than an e30 or e36 me? And not to piss on your parade, but 99% of vette drivers cant drive for piss. Either way, m3 ownage. :cool:

maybe the vette wasn’t driving hard? what body m3 is it?

Originally posted by Darkstar
werd, good story. It than an e30 or e36 me? And not to piss on your parade, but 99% of vette drivers cant drive for piss. Either way, m3 ownage. :cool:

e30, IMO one of the best looking cars on the road even if it is 15 yrs old.

Originally posted by BlackZ28
maybe the vette wasn’t driving hard? what body m3 is it?

i would think that he wasn’t driving hard either except that he was really walking no make that running away from the m3 during the short straights. so i figured that he was pushin.

Ahhh that’s my boys!!!

The E30 M3 doesn’t have all the power in the world, but that thing can handle like crazy. I’m not surprised these guys beat the Vette.

that and if craig drives like his brother i know he can beat up on a vette in the twisties!!

yea brads a crazy mo fo. i’m deathly afraid to ride in the a4 with snow tires and him behind the wheel. Craig is a lil more reserved and doesn’t go fuckin crazy.

Originally posted by whitey
that and if craig drives like his brother i know he can beat up on a vette in the twisties!!

Craig and his brother are both crazies!!!

if you would have seen the shit that i was in the car with brad… damn

we almost died multiple times

I’ve hear the stories…i think its funny when brad yells at craig for left laning cars when brad will tell me when he had his bimmer it could easily climb up in to the 20 something car range in one night. What can u say the selkowitz’s drive like assholes.

they are nuts but oh well as long as they are safe… I will be waiting to play with the M at the track this summer

E30 M3’s are one of my all time favorite cars. its the most event winning car in the world!

they arent the fastest things in a straight line but they have the potential to be awsome track cars. i wish i never sold my old 318i and could have built that thing up with a E30 motor.:frowning:

Originally posted by whitey
they are nuts but oh well as long as they are safe… I will be waiting to play with the M at the track this summer

i feel the same way…if everything goes my way I will be at the track to in a 95 M. So see you there,maybe

Originally posted by Darkstar
but 99% of vette drivers cant drive for piss.
thats BS i think its more like in general, people can’t drive. everyone i know with a vette (about 12 people) can drive the shit out of it.

i agree with u cutty in general alot of ppl can’t drive, but to be fair since you are a car enthusiast chances are the people you know with vettes are enthusiasts also. Therefore they would drive more spirited and aggresively. Alot of ppl that buy vettes just buy them bc they’re vettes not because of there performance numbers, although this guy did surprise me when he took off so maybe he was an enthusiast. Who knows.

not to say weather can’t get the best of us but its evident everytime the weather gets bad how many bad drivers there are on the roads. JJ’s wouldn’t have alot of cars if there weren’t alot of bad drivers wrecking fast cars. Corvette’s even more so. I think the difference between a good driver and a bad driver is keeping your cool. Bad drivers get loose then panic and overcompensate and put it into a tree or wall. A good driver drives through the skid or fishtail.

Originally posted by Cutty
not to say weather can’t get the best of us but its evident everytime the weather gets bad how many bad drivers there are on the roads. JJ’s wouldn’t have alot of cars if there weren’t alot of bad drivers wrecking fast cars. Corvette’s even more so. I think the difference between a good driver and a bad driver is keeping your cool. Bad drivers get loose then panic and overcompensate and put it into a tree or wall. A good driver drives through the skid or fishtail.
is that why u dont wreck!!!