Oy vey...

this is why you don’t homeschool your child.

wow, i thought i new some nerds in hs

yeah i qualified for the bee in 8th grade…90% of the kids there were creepy homeschoolers that sat in their houses and memorized the dictionary. I was just in it for the free trip to washington

home schooled kids are always soooo weird…

two things in life he will never get…pussy and respect

Oddness.

yea I’m sure most home schooled kids aren’t like that. But yea, hes deffinatly a nerd and no common sense at all.

There is such thing as over educated, here is one example, arrrgh

that kid creeped me out.

“what did your mom say when you won?”
“i don’t know. you should ask her what she said.”

what a dick. hahah.

Its almost really sad.

The kid has zero social skills.

I understand at that age, not all kids are socially developed, but that is just sickening.

Home schooling should not be legal in the states, you would endup with a bunch of kids that can spell every word in the dictionary, but can’t go and open a checking account at a bank, or can’t negotiate the price on a car.

Its sad really.

I think he may be autistic or something. He cant keep his hands still…

or maybe he’s… NERVOUS seeing that he’s on NATIONAL tv, and the only person he’s ever talked to before was his mom?

:rofl:

You should call him up and have phone sex… :slight_smile:

i bet he’d spell out what he was doing, because it’s too naughty to say.

I Think its more of a fact of having no social contact at all with kids his age

:biglaugh:

Well done on that quote. OT my sisters neighbor homeschools her kids. My sister is a socialworker and said that the lady wasn’t doing a proper job of homeschooling the kids so she turned her in to the authorities and sure enough the kids were sent back to public school a full year behind where they should be because the mother was doing such a bad job. So now they get to graduate at like 19.

+1
Kid hangs out with his mom all day and has no contact with the outside world.
He may be smart after all his years of wonderful homeschooling but he will never be able to talk to a girl. Or get a job.

Actually, a lot of parents who home school end up giving their kids a much better education than they would ever get at public school. The problem with public school is the teacher can only go as fast as the slowest student, and there’s always a real dim bulb in every class.

When properly home schooling, the kids get their social interaction skills from other group activities, like sports, cub scouts etc.

That kid though… yeah, creepy. No worse than kids who’s parents push them too hard in anything though. You know he trained pretty much constantly to win, and if you’re doing that you’re certainly not working to keep him well rounded.

Most fo the homeschool people I’ve ever met in my life have been slightly akward in some way or another…

What do you consider an education, Public schools teach so much more about social interactions, and I’m a strong believer in learning from experience.

If there is no interactions and mistakes how can someone learn. Sure they can be great at spelling every fucking word in the dictionary, and have college paid for, but what skills will they actually learn.

Public relations, customer service, all stem from good communication skills, where will this home schooled kid actually excell in the work force. Especially, when lots of promotions are from who you know, as oppose to what you know.

I for one will toss my kid in a public school

edit: And who is to say the mother/father/what ever will be a good teacher, providing a well rounded life that everyone should have…

I remember when this kid won the contest and talked to stuart scott, he had no idea who he was for one, and when asked about what sports he liked… I think his response was like " I like chess" The kid is sheltered, sports are the devil, and the parents should be ashamed that they put their kid through that, but at least he won a spelling bee :bloated: He’s deprived in my honest opinion