pa sprinkler law

how did these rat bastard politicians get this one through? if ur planning to build a house u better get ur permits in before new years… so when you have this new house with a sprinkler in every room and ur kid get curious and bust it ur whole house will get flooded or ur wife burns dinner and sets off the system… this is bull shit. this could add 10k or more on a house build.

Can the NYspeed mods ban your thread making privileges for like… ever? What the fuck does this even mean?

anyone that wants to build a new house and files for permits after dec 31 2010 has to build their new house with a fire sprinkler system which will add a lot of money on the cost… and go fuck ur self…who is this faggot anyway?

You cannot set off a sprinkler system buy burning dinner. If you have ever scene a sprinkler head up close you will see a small glass tube in the center . When the glass brakes or melts a peice of metal falls out and thats when the water flows put . Thats on a wet system . Now on a dry system ,{ a system that doesn’t have any water until the fire dept. hooks up to it } no water will come out until it is supplied .

They should install AFFF systems. All that foam would be fun for the kids.

Those systems are funny as shit when they malfunction. Ive seen pictures of whole aircraft hangers full to the roof of foam before.

Residential sprinkler systems will not be required for homes built with permits applied for or issued by Dec. 31, 2010, as long as work begins by Dec. 29, 2013.

The average price range is $2,000 and $5,000, according to Mike Cermak Sr. from Accredited Services Inc.

Sounds like reactionary politics :tdown:

A survey by the National Association of Homebuilders, which represents 8,200 residential construction companies, found that 85 percent of consumers do not want sprinkler systems in their homes.

85% don’t want it, yet it passes… Hope you guys voted.

“We believe home owners, not the government, should be deciding if adding fire sprinklers is the sort of thing they want,” Eichenlaub said.
LINK

what it sounds like to me insurance is involved. another way to raise rates and deny claims

85% dont want it because they’re retarded like Cutty and think that if their wife burns dinner it’s going to flood their house. Watch the news every night. Seems like almost every day there is someone (or a whole damn family) that gets killed in a house fire. This is a good thing. Building codes FTW.

What are the causes of all the fires?

In the link I posted it says that building materials have been getting lighter and more flammable. I would think the answer would be to set standards for building materials instead of sprinklers for the fires that result from them. That’s what I mean by reactionary.

well no i havent held my face up to a ceiling recently so i didnt know the operation… is it still possible to set one off by hitting it on accident?

from my understanding of the law is that they must be wet systems

Just look up at one while you are at work waiting for someone that actually wants to see the Pirates LOL. Accidentally hitting it will cause damage if that small piece of glass is broke . Only if it is a wet system .

Reactionary? Are you retarded? Like house fires are some new thing and sprinklers are some new thing? :rofl:

and you think the building materials are the answer? I’ll be sure to take solace in the knowledge that it takes 2 hours for my house to burn to the ground instead of one, as I lay inside dead of smoke inhalation because there was no sprinkler system.

what i do for a living is of no relevance to the conversation. pittspeeders that are posting in this have taken advantage of where i work so yes, people actually do watch baseball games…

the reason i started this thread was because i found out about this law because my sis and bro in law decided to build a house. my bro in law is and engineer and a store he designed was damage becasue the sprinkler head was damaged and it flooded the whole store in 3 minutes. so it you have them in ur house and little johnny decides to start throwing stuff…opps…your house become h20 zone at sandcastle…

There are 2 different kinds of systems 1 is a wet system that has water all the time . Head breaks water goes everywhere. 2nd is called a dry system the only way water comes out of it is if the fire department hooks up to the fittings outside the building . I have been a firefighter for about 25 years and have also worked in the warehouse that sells all that sprinkler crap so I kinda have an idea how they work . As far as the Pirates comment it was a joke .

the law requires a wet system… shouldnt fire fighters be aware of such a law?..it would seem it effects your profession.

bob wtae ran this story not long ago . to lazy to find a cite for it. media covered it not much attention for it.

edit: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/money/25951257/detail.html

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

25 years same FD ?
if so, damn your yearly calls is a lot . Especially not being PGH. That’s a lot of experience in normal town not city usa. :beer:

Don’t name your FD… Know which FD, don’t know station #

Cutty, the TRIB did a story about this in early 2010.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_670477.html

Nope didn’t hear about it until you posted it . You don’t have to be a dick you asked and I tried to explain . If your bro in law is any kind of engineer he knows what type of sprinkler heads to use that the little bastards can’t break . Do a little homework and you will see.

Off a google site…
Homeowners tend to be more concerned about unsightly sprinkler heads than businesses are. Residential fire sprinklers come with heads that can be recessed and almost completely concealed from view.

Decorator Sprinklers blend in with the ceiling so as not to be visible. This automatic fire sprinkler system is usually found in homes.

how do you know that its his job to know sprinkler heads?