Paging paint guys

Mike, polish my rimzzz

So you’ve been working in a body shop since you were 17?

Which one is the body shop? I see apprentice at dealership for 1.5yrs, car wash expert for 3 months, replacement body part salesman for 1 month and working at NYS since then.

DELPRAD 's Companies
lia toyota
US
Apprentice

1/05-6/06
Keeler honda
US
detailer

6/06-9/06
B&D Automotive
Clifton park , ny US
laborer

9/06-10/06
NYS OGS
albany, NY US
Laborer

11/06-Present

never said that. Just it seems I spewed some facts and you spewed one idea.

take a moment and kindly explain your side. Not trying to take offense or cast any your way… just want to feed the site good information.

Also worked in a body shop in clifton park under the table for 3 years budday and at keeler work inthe body shop there also as the body shop detailer :number1

Edit: Really you stalked an old ass social networking site to get that info half the shit for that the dates are fucked up? :rofl

Sorry d00d00ing up this thread i am done.

Cool. Story. Bro.

Mikes helped and contributed to a ton of stuff around here, helping numerous members and does great work. What have you done besides be a douche? His balls have more talent than you.

just reply with some autobody facts… and we can resurrect this thread maybe.

Dont bother, sketchys been pushing brooms in autobody shops for 7 years. You know nothing.

Well mike thanks for the info, figured id say that before this turns into another arguing match, let me know when you have some free time in the future so you can take a look at my car

how dare you try to have a thread with no arguments derrik

UNPOSSIBLE.

with my 38+ years autobody experience, I’d have to say… This car can be saved using a combination of the following products…

POPS-A-DENT!
http://cdn.taylorgifts.com/images/products/p28170b.jpg

MIGHTY PUTTY!
http://www.itrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mighty-putty.jpg

THE DUAL SAW!
http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/DualSaw/DualSaw2.jpg

AND OF COURSE… A HALF KILO OF COCAINE. PURE ROCK WORKS BEST!
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45236000/jpg/_45236162_cocaine1226.jpg

GOOD LUCK

I honestly wouldn’t even waste the time+money, derrik. 10, almost 11yr old car. Things gonna have some scratches!

Who the fuck are you, you toothless fuck? All you do is talk shit. I’ve done WAY more in bodyshop than push brooms douche nugget. Like i said im done cluttering up Derricks thread. All i simply stated was Mike said you are better off repainting an entire car then trying to match it up in most cases no there are scenarios you have to look at. Has the car been painted before other than factory? you dont want to exceed 10mils of paint on a car or you run in to problems with adhesion and flaking.

There are expections to the 10mils Like the type of work you are doing are you trying to do a single stage? Base/Clear? TriCoat? (For the retards Base/pearl and or flake/Clear)

If you are doing a tri coat you are better off just re spraying the entire car cause you wil NEVER match pearl from the factory.

Base/clear you can get away with doing panels depending on the color(s) like mike said and i agree. you may have trouble trying to do metallics and what not.

There are alot of factors that go into play when painting.

Type of Gun and equipment/fluid tip etc.
Heat/humidity/contamints.
Is your air clean that come from your compressor? do you have a airline dryer? What pressure are you using at the gun how big is your air compressor? 25 gallon 50 100 200 all that has effects on the type of paint job and the quailty that comes along with it.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

COOL STORIES BRO!!

thats good information. And all true.

in OP’s case. the car is a metalic and who knows it it was resprayed at all or its all OEM. If it were a small scratch on a fender and a bumper cover, depending on what they want to spend. Cheap job is spot in the repairs and feather out the color to the OEM color (or better yet scanned if you have access to a camera), buff it and call it a day. but since its an older (age) car with a bunch of little areas to address, spotting in repairs will cover more than half the car… might as well full respray it and bite the bullet.

I wouldnt want to spot in anything past a solid color and thats blending out the repair 4 times larger than the effected area… bu thats just me and my limited exposure/time behind the gun and the facility I have to shoot with.

My cheap labor rates, are a get what you pay for thing too. Dont expect $1000 work for a $400 price tag, but expect the work to be leaps above a maaco hack job thats for sure. I take pride in my work, others dont and still expect to make top dollar. My paints mixed to OEM codes unless the match % rated for the particular color code is way off, then its you pick from a chip book!

Sofar I have painted solids, metallics, and pearls without issues. Have yet to have a color so far off that it really jumps out and looks like hell… and thats my panel (fender) rigth up next to OEM panel (stock door) type of shit.

im not just blow shit out my ass i know what im talking about lol and mike i am sorry :hug

no need to apologize to me… I wasn’t offended any.

No you dont, stop making up cool stories.