Paint Jobs

Summer time, and the paints starting to look old and faded. How much does a re-condition/ few coats of paint cost? I’m not looking for the few thousand dollar paint job, just something cheaper too bring the paint back to life.

Thanks in advance,

twoforty

Get the car powerpolished. Should do the trick. A good power polish could set you back around the $300 mark.

ya agree to above. There isnt really such thing as a re-condition on a paint job. There is good and many stages of shitty. A good detailer can make your car look much better. Or you can do it yourself. Go to a good body shop supply house and get a decent compound, glaze and wax. Should cost like $50-$70 for all that and a good terry cloth for each application. Good luck man.

For the past little while (since winter) i have been doing the following. I used a great 3M compound, applying it while using the other waxing/glazing supplies, which are phenominal by the way. and for sometime I kept up with waxing the car after each wash, but the fade continues to return to the surface. But i will definitely check on the power polishing, and some good detailers.

thanks,

twoforty

Believe it or not Turtle Wax Colour wax does an amazing job! I used a Meguiers Cleaner wax first and then Went to work with the Turtle Wax Colour wax application. I even used the “chip” stick. Several Beers later, some elbow grease and part of my sunday in the garage and I had people asking if I had it power polished. Lasted quite a while too.
-R

annnnnnnnnd Turtle Wax has an S15 as their demo car!!