Painting a bumper?

If I bought a primed bumper from ebay, does anyone know how much it would cost to get it painted?

Just a ballpark figure. I’m trying to guage if it is worth it or not.

I can get a bumper for $100.

Anyone have a hookup?

I need a new bumper cover painted also…

Some asshole backed into me…

is it OEM or aftermarket?

Is there a big difference? OEM bumpers are like $240 and ebay ones are $110 shipped…

The OEM is polyurethane and the ebay one is… ABS :frowning:

aftermarket will probably need 5X more prep work.

what you save on the bumper youll spend on prep. i can prolly do it for ~75 + materials

Ahhh crap… really, theyre that bad?

most of them, yes. and they fit poorly as well. you get what you pay for.

dirtye30 what would it cost to paint a whole car?

a million bucks… really tho, be more specific… what kind of car? door jambs? engine bay? what color? am i prepin it or are you? wit or without materials?

1980 porsche 928 id have it all prepped and ready to go im just trying to find some prices on the factory paint im not sure if the door jams or engine bay would need to be painted if im just going back to original color anyways would they?

i would say not. dont clog up this thread with this shit tho… pm me if you would like more detail. factory paint will prolly be around 500-750ish for base clear in PPG. figure about 1500 all said and done for a good OEM quality finish.

nice thats all i was looking for was a ball park figure thanks for the info

dont buy anything that is primed.

Why? Because you dont know how it was prepped and what people tell you in the ad doesnt mean shit.

If it wasnt degreased, scuffed, cleaned, and then primed… your $200 paint job will chip and peel and instead of saving $100, you just cost yourself $400+

Buy bare parts only or used parts with the OEM finish (any color)

thats a ballpark figure if im doing it FYI. a typical body shop will charge close to double or more depending on the shop.

thats what i figured however theres a shop in buffalo the guys name is earl sheib ever heard of him? i was told he does complete paintjobs for like 400 bux they must turn out like ass tho for that cheap of a price wouldnt you think

I am not buying a body kit bumper, but rather just a stock replacement for a cracked bumper due to a deer.

It’s for an '02 Alero. I can get a regular looking bumper for $100 shipped. I do not see any that are not primed…

Still, did someone say $75 + paint? Is that about what any body shop will charge?

Yes, a stock replacement for that price would not be a OEM bumper. And i dont think you can buy a oem bumper primed… From what everyone is telling me, just go to the dealer and get a bumper there.

And yes, $75+paint is what someone said, but thats nowhere near what a body shop would charge, more like $300 from them…

$300 to just paint a bumper? geez… a little steep if you ask me. It’s one part, primed already. They just need to clean it and scuff the primer, and then spray, right?

no not true, read violators post. but if thats all you want done pick up tha paint and ill shoot it for you. 75 beannnnssssssssss.