Painting models?

Anyone else here like to paint model cars?

I do …I have a bunch of mopar models and a skyline one …they are just time consuming

yea its my time waster

i used to when i was in high school but moved onto real cars lol

I do when I have time.

I tried that in highschool and I got half-way done with one but I was getting so pissed because I would paint the pieces before I glued them together, but the glue would take off the paint or make it really tacky when I tried to put the parts together. But if I glued first then I couldn’t paint some of the smaller parts. It took too much patience for me.

x2. I moved onto real cars as soon as I could drive.

I do have a pretty decent collection of 1/18th scale Die Cast cars/trucks. Basically, since I can’t afford all the real cars I want, I just get them in Die Cast. Got about 25-30 so far.

i have a pretty good collection and since i got in to airbrushing its alot more fun

ive been wanting to airbrush but its $$$ i cant get a body to look good to save my life.

i was never into model cars when i was young. thing I did the most was make all kinds bridges out of popsickle sticks

not as bad as you think i git my stuff from
http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abdbrand.aspx

i have a master g44 its an iwata copy and have had no problems, for smaller stuff you can use creatix paint thats like 2 bucks a bottle and you can clear with duplicolor out of acan for 5 bucks… the real money is when you want to spray auto paint

Kurt and I both use HOK paints on our different projects. They can be had premixed from TCPglobal for a very reasonable price. I still used a tamiya clear on the model cars out of a can for the clear.

I am in the middle of put together a citation kit after my friend fixes the glass issue… Can’t get a replacement for a out of print kit.

could you use lexan, like the stuff rc car bodies are made of

yea testors makes a glass making glue substance