Painting A Car?

The guy intesrested in buying my neon wants me to paint and my friends got the equipment. I could just do a light coat of black over the black now but I’ve never done it b4. Any tips and how many cans of paint from advanced would it take?

painting a car well and “cans of paint” dont go together…

try again

I’m getting it for this one but
go to tractor supply, and get some gloss black paint ( $30 a gallon )
and some thinner/reducer
scuff/ wipe/ spray

well…I hope this guy is not expecting anything great. Not many DYI home paint jobs look to good.

I’ve had a few friends who’ve done this because the tractor paint was a lot cheaper. If done right Fordson blue can turn out quite nice. Or how about a nice Farmall red :smiley:

• 1 for farmer impliment paint
    I painted a stock car with it and it was more durable than regular paint, seemed thicker aswell.
    Also it looked good.

LOL…

“how many cans from advance”

cans of paint are not used for a good looking paint job…they’re used to touch up a tiny spot, and even that usually turns out like complete shit…

They have like half gallons ones that are for spray guns…

I’ll check out Tractor supply forthe other stuff, just remember of a friend who painted his truck quite nicely so I’ll consult him about it.

And I’m sure any real paint will look better then the current peeling spray paint with marker all over.

5,207 cans.

http://mazdapartspeople.com/images/Mazda/Touch%20Up%20Paint.jpg

If you are going to rattlecan a car, buy one of those spray can handles. Go side to side across the panels for an even coat. Don’t start in the middle of a panel because you will end up with spots and drips.

http://www.makezine.com/images/tools/sprayhandle.jpg

lol ieatpaint has a great story about this. /walmart story/

i painted the hood on my bimmer with a roller

god im so fucking siiiqqqqq

It came out good though…

also reminds me of Fuzzys attempted roller paint job on the SHO… :lol:

My somewhat redneck uncle painted his truck with a brush. I wouldn’t recommend that technique…

Actually any of the paint turns out nice and is pretty durable
I got a 1948 farmall H and yes the paint is faded, but no chips or peeling

Back in the day, even before my time they used vacuum cleaners to paint cars. My friend’s uncle had a 50 Olds which won a ton of awards with that paint.

:bs:

They didn’t have electricity back then.

But even if they did, how the hell did that work?

They actually have pictures of them painting the car with an Eloctrolux. The car was always in the clutch artists shows back then. I saw the pics years ago.

Think about it, vacuums blow as well as suck just like Skunk. With a little MacGyver in you, you could figure something out…

I love that sort of shit… the things that the “old timers” came up with.