Painting A Car?

I’ll see if I can get a copy of the pics and post them up.

Back when doing things required skill…

why dont you tell the kid, you will sell it to him for your asking price as is, but if he wants you to paint it ask an extra $100-200, and roll-paint that bitch with the “$50 paintjob” method…

I painted a car with white house primer once…

to the OP, a real paint job from a reputable shop will cost upwards of $3,000.
So, if you plan to do it under $100, except different results.

My first car I ever owned was a 86 s10 I bought when I was 14. I painted it red, and the thing turned out awesome but I used an actual paint gun. But, I painted it outside, which sucked because I got 2 bugs in the paint.

Thats the deal, I’m fixing a few minors things for the 400 price then any repairs and paint thereafter hes paying for, which I agreed to install since its just body parts and I’d like to try to paint a car anyway.

Let’s break this down:

-You’re selling a car for $400
-Somehow he suckered you into painting it
-$400 cars are sold as-is, what is this fix crap.
-Once done you’ve essentially sold it for $200 + your time
-You could have scrapped it by now for that much

qft.

but…this is Idiablo we’re talking about here…

If your good, you can scuff the car wipe it down, and toss 1 quick coat of tractor paint on in. cost you $50 its a car, you can probaly get away with a quart mix it 1:1

No its 400 cash in my hand,then he owns it. Then any other repair and painting is on his money. The repairs now are just like fixing the defrost knob, putting in a new o2(jy)…I was able to get a inspection sticker thats good till november so I don’t even need to fix the codes on it now.

me and cky89 just did my talon with walmart rattle cans, and it turned out pretty fucking good for a couple of 18 yr. old punk bitches in a smaaaalll ass garage :smiley:

we’ll be the judge of that… pics?

lol wil do in a few

The name is, “Advance Auto Parts”, or just “Advance”. Not Advanced…its not past tense…lol.

can this be moved to off topic as a precautionary measure ? lol

There’s an article in Hot Rod about the 99 dollar paintjob. They did a falcon I believe, white with red scallops. Turned out pretty cool looking. The process was lengthy though, and required alot of wetsandling and multiple super-thin coats of rolled on rustoleum and lots of wetsanding and buffing.

I say go with the tractor paint and try to talk him into a lighter color so flaws will be less obvious.