PAIR valve??(emissions question)

I’m real sorry if this has been covered a million times, but I just can’t seem to find the info I’m looking for. The PAIR valve is that little black box beside the exhaust hear sheild and the power steering reservior and is plumbed all the way down to a bung in the exhaust manifold(I’m sure all of you know what I’m talking about). I’m pretty sure it takes air in and blows it into the exhaust to warm up the cat(I could be wrong). Is this really necessary to keep on the car?? Will it effect my Emissions testing? I already have a breather on it. Thanks for any input guys

if you’re talking about a KA, that box that is mounted to the drivers side strut tower? yeah i passed an e-test easily without it, i had the pipe cut off the exhaust manifold and welded closed.

yeah it is the KADE I’m talking about. That’s what I thought! that’s probably why no header available has 3 bungs on it… does anybody know what it actually does, or am I close to right?

commonly referred to as air injection valve… used on cold starts to heat up the cat quicker for reduced cold engine emissions

once the engine is up to temp the aiv serves no purpose

thanks G-E. I thought I was close