Palm Treo 700p

I’ve written this thread 2 times now, each time resulting in crashes. So, here goes attempt #3.

Thanks to some major crackdowns at work, I can no longer check personal email, or occasionally browse the Web. So, I’m considering a convergence device to replace my current setup: An LG PM-325 + Palm T3. I love both devices, but sometimes I wish I just had one.

The downsides may outweigh the upsides…

1.) Treo 700p = $499 even after $150 discount which I’m eligible for in December.

2.) The phone still has to connect to the network, just like my Palm does through my phone. I kinda thought it would just always be connected in the background like a cable modem. Silly Pumice.

3.) Not only is the phone crazy expensive, but the monthly service with Power Vision is around $100 / month. Maybe that’s the cost of having internet / email wherever I go.

But on the other hand, one device with a keyboard instead of Graffiti would be pretty nice.

Anyone know how to get a better price on the phone and/or service?

same phone is $399 - $100 MIR at vzw. 450 min + unlimited data = $80/month

I wonder if Sprinty would offer me a competitive deal.

lol u can always get a sidekick… i personally do not like them, but some people do. i think the plan with unlimited web and text with like 700 mins is around 80 a month

$100 w/ unlimited power vision??

boo to that…

i am only paying $49 a month with unlimited vison (plus i use the internet and my outlook all the time), texting, roaming, nights and weeeknds, pcs to pcs, 500 anytime

That’s because you don’t have a PDA phone, hence little network bandwith usage.

this is where you are wrong howie…i do indeed have a pda phone…

i have the 6700

SERO plan FTW :wink:

yeah sprint data is stupid cheap like 20 a month

^^ yea it is. The upside though… on the plan i have, it is included which is double the awesomeness :slight_smile: so i don’t have that extra $20 for the vision.

before the plan…i was paying a little over $80 a month for everything which is normal.

yea sero is pretty cool