PDA Data Palns..what do u have?

I jsut found the Treo 700P on amazon.com for like $170. (VERIZON). The data plan is $45 unlimited and there is something called mobile 2.0 which is $5/month. I’m sure I will need the $45 unlimited data plan though.

What do other service providers charge for data plans. I’m just looking to be able to search the web(on the PDA) not laptop at broadband speed. I know chad has the treo 650, but I think it only is like 56K speed?

I hear Sprint is the way to go for internet service/pda’s but their website sux.?

I hear Sprint is the way to go for internet service/pda’s but their website sux.?[/QUOTE]

im switching over my system from nextelo to sprint,im pretty sure im getting the PPC-6700 its windows based blue tooth wi-fi. minie pc and price is pretty cheep on them…its a lil bigger then what i would want but with all that it does ill be golden. the plan is only 15t if you whine enough you can get it for free…

also can be connected to your lap top/by either blue tooth or usb and used as internet provider and gives you dsl speed if not better…yes proved this is true…works great…

my suggestion go on sprints website…i find it pretty easy to navigate…click on there live help and start asking questions…be fore you know and act intrested they will start giving you coupon codes… for money off…i wouldent waste my time going to the store they will sell you the highest plan they can…ie the lady i talked to last night i mentioned i liked to get the ppc 6700 and she says yeah its great and the service plan is only 25 dollars extra…umm no its not its only 15 well you dont get all sprints fetures…umm you cant use all sprints fetures with this phone…oh…yeah thats what i thought ill buy it from the internet.,

when you connect ask and see if Kathleen is on tell her Aaron sent you she helped me out and got me alot of discounts…it was around 3-4 pm

http://www.sprintusers.com is a good fourm to ask some questions…

i had a treo that my dad gave me…i didnt like it…and sold it.

i have the 650. difference is the connectivity speed.

go with the unlimited data plan. data fee’s rack up like a motherfucker.

smort has the 700p. talk to him

i have the Q and the unlimited data plan for 45

$15/mo with Sprint gets you unlimited Data on the EVDO capable phones, but doesn’t include some TV channels and such. For $25 you get a bunch of TV channels. For my money, the $15 plan is a bargain. I don’t really think I’ll watch TV on my phone.

based on what? i used to have sprint, and they were terrible to deal with as a company, never had signal, so thats another thing to consider.
you’ll need someone that knows a little more about cell phones than me to verify this, but i’m pretty sure you cant use a 700P from verizon on the sprint network anyway.
also, i dont think sprint has anything at the moment that is anywhere near the speed of verizon’s internet service.
cingular seems to be as good or better than verizon customer service / signal wise… they are about to come out with a palm 680 (i think) that will work at “high speed” on the cingular network. that’s another option but it will definitely NOT be 170 dollars.

and if you get on the SERO plan you dont have to pay for any of that!!

switching both my phones over to the SERO plan right now

1250 min unlimited any time night weekend free 7 pm free
unlimited web acess email instiant message sprint picture mail the power vison plan for a whopping 49.99 yeah boy!

I wouldn’t bother with Verizon on the Data Plan, on top of the 45-50 dollars you pay monthly for the phone service, you pay for the data service as well. I had a chance to mess around with the Q at the Verizon store that had data access, and it was less then up to par. I’m going to check with Sprint as well now.

ok…lets say I get the Verizon unlimited. I only use a laptop at this point. If service is good, do you think I could use the Verizon broadband as my sole internet provider? I have DSL right now that is only 768K right now. What kind of consistant speeds are you guys seeing? I think I have seen service is usually around 300-400K? Probably not quite as fast as my DSL?

BTW: My voice plan is only about $40 since we use a family plan.

So Aaron, how much did you get everything for when you signed up?

how do you check your speeds? i have no idea. but i was without a computer at home for about 8 months and i just used my phone. it was no problem.
also, what are you using it for? if it’s just for shitting around on when your hanging out somewhere its probably not worth the 45 dollars a month to you. if you are actually using it for some purpose, like work or your home internet service, then its a worthwhile investment.

holy shit that’s a good deal.

I am pretty sure Verizon doesn’t let you use phone as modem, Sprint does.

mobile 2.0 is for regular cell phones.

I have a friend who uses the Treo with Sprint and an unlimited Data plan. I know if he’s in a hotel or somewhere that has a crappy internet connection, he’ll connect his lap top through the phone. I think it does the job, but isn’t the greatest.

That is a smokin deal. So what do I do, take one of the Sprint store chicks out to dinner a few times, then get her to hook me up?

sinister…she can’t be found, and my rep. won’t even come close to that deal

dont waste your time with a rep at a store…they make no money on it…

look its the pain in the ass you gonna prob talk to about 5-10 differnt representives…that will tell 9 differnt things!!!

but it can be done!!!

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/sprint/epc/epclanding.asp

get your reps email address

tell your rep its the SERO plan they know what it is…tell them you will buy a phone form them… if they get you on this plan…

you will have to fight with customer service a good bit

dont think she starts till like 3- or 4

also mention my name as a referral and when you get yours ill mention yours and you will get 25 bucks off you next month plan…

you can do this all day long with sprint phone holders.

I have the ppc-6700, its aight.