"Paranormal Activity" the movie

So I was in NYC over the weekend and had a chance to watch Paranormal Activity on the big screen. Was pretty freaky to say the least. Anyone else watch it this past weekend?

Made over $9 million this first weekend eventhough it was only in 150 theatres nationwide. I wentto the 11:40 showing and the late night shows after 12 were all sold out already.

Go watch it with your significant other if you haven’t already. She won’t sleep without you for weeks. Lol

This is a good thing?

I just keep bringing it up to freak her out…love messing with her…
To me that is a good thing…lol… :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want this to open nationwide so I can see it.

Well if you didn’t see the last time this was brought up, you could go on their website and “Demand it” for a nation wide release, if they got a million people they would. Well they did and are supposed to be having their opening weekend this friday.

I did do that, I wasn’t sure if it ever passed

x2. Women’s utility in your bed ends when you actually want to get some sleep.

Yeah it was, from what I’ve read they will be rolling it out to theaters throughout the month. Shouldn’t be long till we get to see it :tup:

ive been trying to watch this online, but its one of a few i cant find… hopefully soon, i think i watched everything else out…lol…

It is opening this Friday at Regal. Check listings.

well only if your straight sherm

I don’t get what is so scary? Is it supposed to be real footage? Do we see a monster? I’ve seen the two trailers on the website, and I’m not even remotely scared, nor do I get what the hype is about…

Edit: LOL… reading some review sites to try and understand this. Here’s what one had to say: When I read quotes like “the audience was visibly shaken” I begin to wonder who comprised said audience at the screening. I could see 15-year-old girls being scared by this movie, but that’s no great feat. You take a young girl’s cell phone from her or tell her that the “New Moon” release date was pushed back a week and they’ll be scared.

Edit Edit: Okay, I’ve read all the spoilers. Maybe I’ll rent it someday, but still lacking a scare factor for me personally.

Don’t knock it till you’ve watched it

trust me it is entertaining. Not going to spoil it.

keeping my eye out for friday

glad its making it to buffalo have to check it out friday. read an article in USA today and even stephen king said he couldn’t watch it alone at night and that he had to wait until the next morning to finish it. so idk but its gotta be scary

i kinda wanna see it just to see why its freaky and messed up

lol

Stephen King is a pussy and will say/do anything to make a $$$

That said, I’ll be watching with the lights on, clutching my blankie…

I’m surprised no one as seen this yet. I went tonight and I’ll admit was pretty impressed. I would say it is much more suspenseful than it is “scary” but its pretty fucked up. I highly enjoyed it.

this movie was meh.