Parents supporting the modding habbit.

That’s fine. However, you basically disagree with the fact that I have an opinion. Pot meet kettle?

You are right. It could be an underlying jealousy. It makes sense because of how I grew up. However, just giving some kid anything he wants without learning vitial lessons in life helps nothing.

I agree. This isn’t about whether or not you should help your kids but taking away valuable lessons from your kids by just giving things to them. There’s a lesson to be had about hard work and tht doesn’t necessarily mean a job after school.

You act as if I have specific examples and I don’t. It’s really just a generalization.

You had different experiences than I. I knew a lot of rich kids in college and some were cool and some weren’t. But, I don’t think this is about money but about just giving things (beit money, cars, clothes, etc…) away. Disregard the level of income entirely.

If a parent is stupid enough to buy an inexperienced kid a fast car, its not the kids fault, its the parents fault for not knowing their child. To say a 16 year old can’t drive is naive, while I was no rally driver by 16, I had been driving daily for 2 years by that point, and spent most of my work day parking cars and pulling cars in and out of a garage. A good friend of mine is really into racing, and had all of his kids racing go-karts at a very early age, as soon as they could they were in driving schools and two of the three had SCCA licenses before they were 18, the daughter was into it but not seriously so she never pursued it. The first kid got a brand new 350z as his first car, had no problems with it what so ever, no accidents or foolish moments on the road. With the racing back ground and good parenting they knew enough to keep the horsing around to the track. Seeing the effect this had on my friends kids, if my kid(s) developed an interest in cars it would be the same approach I would use and have no doubts in my mind when I sent them out into the world. Parents often don’t pay enough attention to their kids and wonder why they make foolish mistakes, they weren’t taught properly and indirectly lead to believe that they are not very important. As society has become so unsocial, fast paced and like a human rat race, it is no surprise that it’s the world we live in.

Kids will make mistakes, you have, I have and will continue to and so will the kids of tomorrow. The best we can do is guide them to make new mistakes and to use their heads to make sound decisions.

So, a kid can buy a car and put other people’s lives at risk but he is not at fault? Interesting logic.

I am sure there are plenty of 16 year olds that can probably outdrive me right now but for the most part, 16 year olds are not good drivers. They lack experience. Similiar to a 20 year old who just started drive. Would you like some insurance statistics to prove my point? Or did you think there is some conspiracy against young drivers? :tong

I don’t disagree with the fact you have an opinion, like I said I felt exactly the same at one point in my life. I disagree with your opinion, maybe neither of us are right, who’s to say. This is not pot calling the kettle black situation, it’s two individuals disagreeing, which is how greatness happens. If their ever comes a day that I am so narrow minded I would disagree with someone having an opinion I would seriously consider ending my life.

Fair enough. That’s the impression I got. :slight_smile:

if that day comes video tape it atleast :nod

:asshole

it was the captain speaking, damn shift518! its so addicting while drunk

We are all responsible for our actions, though at 16 a person has not sloughed the lessons their parents have taught them or not taught them, they are not an individual as much as a reflection of their parents. Assuming the parents take parenting seriously they should have nothing to worry about. Much like you mention insurance statistics, which I am certainly not disagreeing with, there are similar parallels between kids coming from broken homes, being abused as a child, etc… and who they grow up to be. Yes, the 16 year old is responsible for their actions, but often the writing is on the wall long before any problems arise.

I am not denying most young drivers are terrible, but making a generalization about all of them seems unfair. If you heard a 16 year old kid, who has never had a job, got a new 350z you would probably be counting the seconds until he wrecked, but in my friends case it was never a concern. Much like when people on forums see exotics wrecked, the first thing you ALWAYS hear, “stupid rich guy can’t drive” or “someone’s wallet is bigger then their ability to drive.” When most often you never hear the specifics of the accident, people automatically assume it was driver error, I think that’s the same type of jealousy.

http://photos.imageevent.com/astroboy/webstuff/smilies/sniper.gifhttp://www.acurazine.com/forums/images/smilies/snipe.gif

:lmao

He’s one step ahead of you on that one ;D

Certain family that has a yellow gallardo and an auto 911 in their garage.

Well, that’s certainly not me, so i suggest you keep your false words and wack knowledge to yourself.

You are contradicting yourself -> “If a parent is stupid enough to buy an inexperienced kid a fast car, its not the kids fault, its the parents fault for not knowing their child”. Using your logic, some kid who gets a fast car (regardless of source), is not his fault but the parents? I am not sure about you but at 16, I knew right from wrong and I was nothing like my parents. Granted, I made dumb mistakes but I still do today. Life is a learning process, hence, why I said that kids at 16 were not good drivers. A point in which you disagreed with by the way.

You are contradicting yourself again. You agree that young drivers are in an insurance pool for a reason? Young drivers don’t get into accidents because they were abused or had a trouble childhood. They get into accidents because they are not a good driver due to lack of experience. You disagreed with this a few posts ago?

Where is this correlation between young drivers/accidents/money? There is none.

16 year old drivers CANNOT drive. Sure, there are exceptions if you want to take my post at face value but I am sure most understand what I am saying.

There’s nothing niave about that. You have your opinion and I got about a decade of insurance statistics. I win. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not going to sit here and mind fuck this with you, you know what I’m trying to say and I know what your trying to say, why are you trying to stir the pot?

Not sure why you are getting angry. I am pointing out how you are contradicting yourself. I am not understanding what you are saying.

I’m far from angry, I’m just not going to play the game you always play with people, sorry. You can knit pick anyone’s posts and find contradicting information, the context of the conversation can change the point trying to be made, it’s that simple.

I am not trying to play a game. I was trying to have a conversation which you initiated. You contradicted yourself a few times which I pointed out and then got bitchy when I called you out on it. :wtf

Maybe I just don’t care enough to argue, if I’m in the mood later I’ll try to, how’s that sound? The contradicting statements were made in different context of the conversation, there is nothing more to it.

You are doing the arguing. I am just trying to understand what the hell you are saying. :tong