Parking Lot Hit And Run... *FOUND*

I considered that as a possibility, but find it to be extremely unlucky. It occurred at 11:50 according to the note, which is nearly peak times for the parking lots. It was likely someone frantically looking for a spot to get to class, and took the turn (with ample room) FAR too close, and just said screw it… OR, two cars went around the turn at the same time.

People drive like total garbage in the UB parking lots during peak hours… They’re always flying around blind corners, I have witnessed two cars really trash peoples doors backing out. I wrote a note both times, but I dont think theres much you can do about it.

I would call your insurance company and tell them your car was hit in the lot and someone got the plate # and see if they can find the person.

Is there anything that can be done? No. You’re SOL. No cop’s going to give a fuck about your scuffed bumper and go CSI on someone based on a witness’s note. Maybe you can do as Jager said and contact the person directly and scare a few bucks out of the, but that’s about it. Sometimes you’re the windshield. This time you’re the bug.

File the report saying you need it for insurance purposes. Ask them to look up the plate to see if it matches said car, and then see if they can contact the person or give you contact information for “insurance” purposes.
If it was me, I’d do a sweep of the lots for said car as well.

I always see your car, i am jealous of your parking spot and for some reason laugh everytime i see the plate…

I actually did see a note in a puddle which read,

Hey i saw someone hit your car, it looked like an asian woman…
Didnt get the plate number… sorry

Really made my 10 minute walk in the wind and rain worth it.

2 years ago, I decided to drive the Camaro to school for one day (mistake). I parked at the back corner of Slee Lot, and when I returned to my car, the lady who was there seemed pretty worried, and pulled away in a hurry. I didn’t see anything, so I didn’t think twice about it. When I got home and out of the sunlight, I saw a nice white scuff along the drivers side door. Sure enough, the car was a White VW Tiguan. This happened when the Tiguan was new, however, and there weren’t many around at that time. I found it the next day, and eventually saw it one of the parking lots of a condominium complex where I deliver often. Almost everything buffed out, but I would have been lucky had I wanted to do something in return. Best of luck to you, hopefully you find some luck as well!

lol. :tup:

is that how you always park?

I usually park sideways taking up two, or even three spots if possible.

^if you do this purposely at UB, id be surprised if you dont get some nice new key marks soon.

I hated it when people did that shit.

He was clearly joking about the 3 spots, and already pointed out that he was forced to park like a douche due to the guy next to him…

However, from the looks of it, if you were fully in the spot, you probably would not have gotten hit.

Lulz. I generally try to stay as perfectly centered as possible. This spot was available, I was late, I parked. I noticed I was a bit over, but didn’t feel like correcting it.

Once again, I don’t really care about the damage to the car. Theres a nice wavy dent with scratches and paint residue in my passenger door from someone at UB that I didn’t even bother to attempt to buff out. Some people might think I really care given the nature of this thread, and how the car looks surprisingly clean in the picture. I don’t wash it, the rain handles that. I don’t think its a big deal at all.

The intent going into this thread was to get name and address for the plate, without actually saying that. It sounds questionably legal.

^:tup:

That sucks bro. I’d get their plate info and scare them. It’s another kid so you may get lucky. This is why I will only park in the paid Capen lot against the barrier. I’m always jealous of your wheels too.

Hot girl that is unsure of how to spell Camry… :shrug:

she must be hot, because she has no brain and common sense that in order to make a file/claim the witness has to be able to be contacted. No contact info means no case.:frowning:

I can’t believe you fools actually park in regular student parking lots.

Step 1, use high quality camera to take picture of facility parking pass.

Step 2, print new pass and hang in window.

I used to drive my corvette to UB pretty regularly no problem.

My plow truck that I’d pack in the student lot however got hit twice. Once in the plow sucker lol.

um…that’s pretty risky to do something like that and pretty stupid to advise nyspeeders since majority of the cars here are somewhat modified. if i was an ub cop and saw customised car parked at a facility spot, i would run the plate without a doubt.

Pretty risky and stupid? I went there 4 years and never had a problem. Additionally do you think all professors and staff drive stock normal cars? I used to park daily next to a modded out M3 and a Roush Mustang.

*Customized :stuck_out_tongue:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/5114534475_3fb040c696_b.jpghttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1094/5115141100_bffb9c282c_b.jpg

Well, now isn’t that interesting…