Parking Lot Hit And Run... *FOUND*

My car was parked at UB North, and someone apparently really wanted to hit the apex.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1393/5105162321_a1742d8429_b.jpg

No, its not really anything major, but still isn’t fun. Im sure it will mostly buff out besides the missing paint, and the bumper is bowed out a bit at the body gap.
And yes, I was somewhat over the line, due to the guy on my left… If that makes a difference.

My question is, is there anything one could do about this? I do happen to have someone who left a nice letter on my windshield, but I don’t know what good that does.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5105161837_93b9149dfb_b.jpg

Id like a new bumper, sure… But more realistically, id just want to somehow scare the guy. Is there any official way to handle this? File a police report or something?

That’s awesome (and really lucky) that a witness snagged the plate number. Too bad they didn’t leave any contact information…

As minor as it might be, I’d still file a report - it can’t hurt.

You got luck with that note dude.

:tup: to the person who left the note. I wish more people were like that.

i wish more people that were nice enough to leave a note would also leave contact information so you have a whitness. hopefully there is enough damage on the other car that they can reasonably put blame onto him for the incident.

i didnt know that was your car everytime i walk by it i always compliment the lug nuts

Love your wheels, I see 'em all the time when I walk by your car.

Sucks that it got hit, but that was nice of someone else to leave a note.

If you are going to contact the police, you might want to do so quickly. If I were the owner of the car that hit you, I’d be buffing the shit out of my bumper to get rid of the marks.

If you intend to “scare” the other car owner, then I wouldn’t contact the authorities…

Nice parking.

I called Amherst PD, they said to call UB PD. I called them, they basically said they don’t do anything with the reports, and it wont do anything unless you need it for insurance purposes.
Also, it has to be filed in person, so im probably giving up on that route.

Thanks, I figured the plate would have been a dead giveaway! :wink:

Thanks man.

find out the owner of said plate… see if the car has damage… (then try police again?)

Yeah, that might actually do something… But how do I go about doing this? I don’t know of any LEGAL way to find out the owner and address of a plate #. I could always walk around the lots on Monday and hope the car is there, and take pics of the likely damage?

thats an idea… or maybe a local nyspeeder can help you out ;)… its been known to happen before…

Do you have any police friends in the mean time?

make sure you get pics if you find the car…

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

maybe post something in the spectrum too… maybe the person who wrote the note will come forward as a witness…

as shitty as it is, it doesnt look too bad… :frowning:

Unfortunately, I don’t have any police buddies.

I suppose I might as well throw a nicely worded statement into the Spectrum… lol.

And yeah, i’m not real concerned about the actual damage, a silver sharpie and 20 mins can make it mostly go away. Its just a unusual opportunity being that I have a note, with a plate # thats probably right.

if you have to have parking passes, the license plate is on file with campus security

Change the title to include HAVE PLATE #… and see if somebody pm’s you. Just dont expect a post, as its probably very illegal to release that info.

That looks like chick writing…hot chick writing…just sayin’.

it would be funny if the person who hit you posted the note with the wrong license #

hahaha i was gonna say this!

i was thinking that it would have been brilliant for the person who hit you to have written the note. they send you on a wild goose chase and any actual witnesses think that they are doing the right thing and leaving you a note.