so the M5 got dinged. need advice.

well, i got out of the movies with my wife tonight and walked out to my car at the galleria to see a giant scuff/ding on my rear pass door. look over to the right to see a silver buick randevous with a pink playboy bunny sticker on the back window.

Now i didnt think that someone would hit my car with there door then just leave the evidence but i guess i was wrong. The poeple came out and i approached them about the situation and sure enough its some fat kid that was sitting in the back that hit my door. I ask them to open there car door to see if its a match. They open the door and its about 2-3in higher then the dent. I then ask them that they all need to be sitting in it for the car to sit right.

So there all laughing at me and hop in making smart ass comments and sure enough with all 4 people in the truck its a carbon match to the dent.

Well, at that point they stopped cooperating and the fat bastard in the back refused to admit. I called the cops and theres nothing they can do. I asked for them to send a car, which they finaly did and when they came out they wouldnt even get involved. All they did was gimme a report number showing they showed up. So im shit outta luck and all i got is a license plate number and my word against theres.

im gunna call my insurance and try to find out there insurance to make a claim which is what the police recommended however i cant see this going my way even though it was obviouse they hit my car.

I would say go through insurance, that is, if you have collision/low deductable.

I assume you got their plate number so you could file a claim with their insurance and hope for the best but it’s definitely a long shot at best, it seems to be a he said she said type of deal, which I’m not saying you’re lying but insurance has no way of knowing that

Dang get any names? Ill make them pay. Jus sayin.

yea, the best i was allowed to get was a plate number. Im gunna try to find out there insurance and make a claim. its a long shot like stated before but it just realy pisses me off. I was looking at the mother fucker that dented my car and i couldnt do a thing about it.:frowning:

People in general do not care about hitting your car. I have had this happen plenty of times, once while I was waiting in the car. All I do is return the favor.

I just went through something like this. I even had video of the damage happening (debris from a construction truck) and Geico still said that didn’t matter.

I’d visit their car with a bottle of brake fluid.

should have punched their door.

Sorry to hear this.

I saw someone do the same thing to my Trailblazer but instead of causing a dent, they cause a little crease in my door because they parked in a spot where a SUV shouldn’t be parking and the lady had to fit her fat ass out of the car and at the same time she push her fat ass against her door the corner of her door was pushed up against the side of my door causing a crease. It is always hard getting over a dent on a vehicle that is well taken care of.

Sorry for your pain!

+1, I would’ve wound up at that point and been on my way

sucks man… this is why i ended up going for a 200 deductible, barely changed my rates and if i’m only paying $200 to fix a problem I really don’t care. it’s well worth the $$ to not have it sitting there as a constant reminder making you angry.

Until you do that too many times and they raise your rates…

I dont see how it wasnt an accident, was it because neither vehicle was moving? you should have ‘exchanged information’ like it was an accident. Would it have been different if they hit you pulling into the spot? I dont see it as any different.

Lazy cops. They did not feel like writing up a report.

i can’t believe they wouldnt do anything, thats fucked.

It especially sucks because the cops wouldn’t write anything up. It makes your case weaker.

This is the chance we all take parking anywhere. There really isn’t anything you can do, but try to go after their insurance. If that doesn’t work, you’ll just have to fit it yourself.

When I had my one plow truck someone at UB caved in the rear bed panel. The truck was old but it was just painted that summer a nice midnight blue. I was super pissed, but there wasn’t anything I could do about it.

I don’t see how this isn’t considered a standard accident. Someone enlighten me.

It isn’t an accident because the cars where not moving.

It also lacks any actual witness.

:tif:

so if i plow into a park car? the parked car doesn’t have a case? Or is it because both cars weren’t moving?

The reality of the situation is that something on the car has to be moving in order to cause damage. In this case…the door. Or who’s to say the car wasn’t moving when he opened his door?

From the description, its pretty obvious what happened, and any cop with half a brain should have been able to help out.