Co-worker crashed into my beater =/

I drive two people from my work to their bus stops, and I was just in the parking lot letting them in the car. They get in, close the door, and while the guy in the passenger is putting his seatbelt on, another guy pulls out of his spot without looking and plows straight into my passenger side door.
I’m pretty pissed… cuz the door is dented in pretty deep… I’m worried about rolling down the window, cuz I don’t know what would happen. I’m taking it for an estimate tomorrow, but I hope he doesn’t try to screw me over and make us go through insurance. Since it’s a parking lot, if we go through insurance it becomes a 50/50, where in reality it’s 100% his fault. My car wasn’t moving when he hit it, he just pulled out and turned without even looking.
Are doors usually something fixable? I know if it was a body panel, they’d just pull it out, but the doors are made of much thicker metal, plus there’s stuff inside them. The dent is really deep, it’s like an inch and a half, to two inches inward. He has an ancient huge Buick, and he wasn’t backing out slow either, he romped on the gas.

pics? take the door pannel off and just hit the other side of the pannel and it should pop back out. if you realy dont care about the beater then try the dust-off and torch. iv always wanted to see that in action

buy a door? thats probably easy thing to do

that is messed up ant.
sorry to hear, you have your other co-workers as witness.
he must had been on the F’N phone.

Step 1: Kick him in the balls
Step 2: Get him to buy you a new door
Step 3: Install said door
Step 4: Don’t park near him again
Step 5: Profit.

LOL, seriously… I’m gonna see if the junkyard has a black door or something like that… He pure wasn’t looking, and just got in the car and romped on the gas lol. The hit felt pretty hard too… Ah well… taking it for an estimate tomorrow… I’ll see how that pans out.

Getting a new door from the scrap yard is probably your best option man… Depends on how bad the dent is. Is it kinked anywhere, or just a dent? Might be able to pull it.

Without looking I’m gonna say your estimate will be over $500. But I’d totally make sure he pays for it, like it was mentioned, you have witnesses, and yeah, insurance is gonna make it no-fault, but if he’s gonna be ghey like that, consider legal action, or just do some office warfare on him, and pay for it out of pocket so it doesn’t effect your premiums.

Get some pics up. Have you checked all the surrounding metal for streching, bending or any kinks? If it was just the panel of the door and it didnt effect any of the seems, edges or internal metal they will probably fix it rather then replace it, pop it out, bondo over then paint. If thats the case and nothing else is fucked, I’d say $400-600 is a rough estimate, but again cant really tell without pics.

If you can find a new door, go for it

use your mob connections to “convince” him
to pay for damages.
this would eliminate the need for the insurance company to get involved =D

Haha, office warfare. I’m sooo gonna grab a stapler and try to launch staples at him. Ah well, it will all be revealed tomorrow :smiley:

Fuck that, stapler is weaksauce. Check this shit out:

Oh, and I meant to ask, what’s the damage like on his car?

Haha sick, I need to pick up some of those bad boys. I dunno bout his car, it’s a Buick… they’re indestructible.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/airsoft_gun.jpg
do it. theres nothing like an airsoft BB to the back of the head when your on the phone with some1 important. to hear them yell “AHHH FUKC” is just to funny, hearing them try to explane it after is even better.

lol damn buddy,

Fuck that, the wooden siege weapons and life sized weapons are where it’s at. Those and the USB missile launcher.

those things do look cool.

Allritey, he was waiting by my desk when I came in. Apologized, said he’d pay for zee repairs. He’s being really stand up about the whole thing, so there’s no hard feelings about stuff. Taking the car in for estimate today.

congrats :D.
now i think its time to lock her up before he finds out about this site lol.

Solarian at work -

http://www.virtualstapler.com/office_space/images/milton_holds.jpg

i believe you have my stapler?

lmao…

Good to hear Ant… Nice to know there’re still some decent people in the world.

Let us know how much the repairs are. I’m curious.