Parking ticket problem

Asking NYSpeed to judge these matters usually doesn’t end well. Honestly for $55 I’d chalk it up to a lesson learned and never leave a registration sticker on there again.

I was planning on D D ’ ING it as had a gtx for a winter beater the yr before and worked great. Was just a lil too rough underneath for me. Well worth what I paid tho so not saying that in the least.
Not sure y they are trying to hit you with it.if you have the plate turn in paper with a date on it and the date of the ticket is past that (can’t see it on my phone) seems like a black and white case.
Again, if the board feels I should pay it I will. I don’t really see my guilt in this as I didn’t misled you or lie about anything or not do something asked that led to problem. I will pay though if people think I should.
D

as far as the turn in paper I most likely threw it out down sizing for the move , ticket date is June 9th. Not doubt the car was a little crusty underneath but thats what winter cars are for right??? Not saying $55 will make me or break me but after moving 2700 miles and not having a paycheck roll in from my new job yet I can certainly think of more creative ways to spend it

Send me your PP address and I’ll just pay it or would you prefer I mail in a check?

Pretty dumb if you have to pay it. It’s not your registration on there. He left it on. Then he lost the paperwork that says he sold it.

My addys impathological@gmail.com , thanks man, how many off you keep your plate receipt slips 9 months after the fact?

+1. I never even thought twice about leaving the sticker on there when selling a car until this thread. Just took my plates, the money and walked away. From now on the sticker will come too.

I can’t really put any blame on Derek for this. If the OP was still in the area I’m pretty sure this would get dropped with a trip the DMV to get proof the plates were turned in and a trip to traffic court. Since he’s not here it’s probably easier to just pay the ticket and move on.

What worries me is how does the OP know this won’t happen again a month from now assuming the new owner is still cruising around with the old reg sticker on the car?

Hard to say, I’ve spoken with the state police, I gave them all the info I have including the VIN, what really protects anyone selling a car? Say I buy your junker on craigslist, give you a grand and disappear into the shadows, 6 months from now the car shows up burned out with a body in the trunk, police see the title is still in your name, pretty far fetched right? I bet someone out there’s going through some major shit, even just to find it on the scene of an accident and you have no alibi. if I find out the car was last titled to my wife I suppose I could report the car stolen?? Like I said in the future I’m getting a bill of sale w photo copy of license, having it notarized wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Only takes one bad apple!

Sent $55 to the PayPal address you posted above. Sent as gift so no fees for you.
If there is the slightest chance I may be wrong in something I do I will always try and make it right.
D

your a good dude Derek, thank you, I will send it to the parking Nazi’s , in the future I think its a good lesson for everyone , better safe than sorry!

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?41232-Who-knows-the-truth-about-my-Audi

Why didn’t you just PM him in the first place?

He did PM me a couple of days ago. I just let him know I sold it a month later or so. Didn’t realize he wanted me to pay it. I’m sure just frustrating for him being so far away.all good now though.
D

Sucks the state got a few more bucks than they were supposed to. On the bright side it’s reassuring to see we have several good guys on the forum. I’ve made deals with both involved parties and I would gladly do biz again with them. :slight_smile:

I’d still try to fight it and give Derek his money back. Its insane that they want you to pay knowing the plates were turned in.

I had this same situation happen to me with them not removing the registration and is why I now make sure to remove it or have family members do it.

I ended up calling the office of said town the ticket was for. Told them to pull up dmv records of when the plates to my name were turned in and when the ticket happened. Also to pull up the vin on the vehicle and see who it is register to now and when the ticket was issued. It took a few attempts to get the right person to work with you since they are lazy but I got it fully cleared up with no money being tossed at it.

Edit: noticed it was paid… nevermind. lol

^boom more phone calls less posts. :wink:

I just wanted it paid ASAP since they were threatening collections because of the length of time it took the letter to reach us, my wife has excellent credit and I don’t need that getting fucked up, on a side note I am fighting it still and when I get it reversed I will give Derek the $$$$ back