Part Time Help Wanted

Hey Guys,

I am looking for some part time help, evening hours in most cases. Looking for ~3-5 days a week, roughly 6PM-12AM [flexible hours and days. Would prefer a fixed 3-day with optional as-needed days if possible]

General mechanical skills are a given, skills in engine building, welding, electrical and other fabrication are a plus. In general, someone who is willing to do much of the prep-work and basic things, all-around assistant type. Perfection oriented do-it-right-or-dont-do-it-at-all type a must.

No tools needed. 15/hr to start, increase as skills improve, possible future full time employment as we grow. We are still very small, but that is way beyond needing to change.

WARNING: If you don’t like to be told how to do something, and you don’t like to re-do things, and especially if you don’t like someone looking over your shoulder… DO NOT RESPOND.
Newsflash: It is my name and my business on the line, not yours. I have a stellar reputation and will not let anything slide. If I even suspect there is a cat hair across a gasket surface- it is getting checked out. This is a custom-product business. Things are usually 1-offs and are redone multiple times before delivery, and no, nothing is delivered I don’t check completely. Deal with it, stop crying, and don’t take it personally. Look on the bright side: You will get paid to do it twice, this isn’t rate! Lastly, if this is not what you love doing, look elsewhere. I do not have the time or patience to have another only-shows-up-when-broke, or only-shows-up-when-doesnt-have-a-better-deal “helper”. Its sad I have to post this… but a few people have proved it needs to be here.

Some of you know what I do, some of you may not. No rust buckets or dirty rattle traps are on the menu.

In summary… we build THESE:

http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/images/TomN/tn04_3.jpg
http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/images/RonW/rw01_4.jpg
http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/images/ClintS/cs05_5.jpg
http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/images/KevinF/kf08_5.jpg
http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/images/KeithV/kv01_5.jpg

I might be interested, what kind of timeline are you looking at for the help? 6 months, year, 10yrs, till death do you part?
What sort of previous knowledge are you looking for (i see that only general mechanical skills +) was stated.
Where are you located approximately?
Last, if you have 15-20 mins to shoot back and forth, gimme a call.

-Darren
(716)341-2266

Timeline: Until you piss me off and I tell you to leave, I change business models [which doesn’t necessarily mean you wouldn’t stay anyway], or we are all killed by asteroid or flood. If you strive to help me grow by creating more solutions than problems… you don’t have much to worry about. I have been doing this since 2002 in one capacity or another, and I am being crippled by reliable help and services more than anything else, while still growing regardless.

Knowledge: In general, a basic understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical devices as it applies to vehicles and other things. Specific knowledge on the platform is learn-as-you-go. Someone who has a basic understanding of metallurgy & physics is important, or at least the willingness to listen and learn it. If you have done heavy work or modifications to other cars, you are probably fine. Common sense & deductive logic are more important than actual practice.

Location: Amherst near Blvd/290, sometime in the next 12 months in Tonawanda, near 190/290 junction.

Id be interested then. Feel free to call tonight, or tomorrow, preferably after 5, or sunday at any time.
I dont think my company / boss wants me talking to perspective employers on the clock lol, but my voicemail works if you were to catch me at that time.

Dan, I can vouch for Darren.

Darren, I can vouch for Dan.

I’d do this for free a few hours a week, t-up

This sounds like a pretty cool opportunity for someone. I’ve actually been considering a part time job to help with my house fund. I have 5 years experience working on cars, but no real fabrication experience…

Back in the day I used to help Dan out for some monies. Always had fun.

I’d always be willing to lend a hand with fabrication. Give me a shout if you need anything done.

This is the angriest WTH thread I’ve ever read, lol.

I have a buddy that might be interested. How can he contact you?

1. Log onto NYSpeed
  2. Type the word “Viper”
  3. Wait for response

:slight_smile:

He doesn’t do the whole forum thing smart ass lol

pm’d

Haha, well I figure if I scare aware the people up front who suck, I won’t have to deal with wasting the time later, LOL!

It is extremely frustrating to just start to make progress with someone, and then have to start over… and over… and over again.

It makes 100% sense. Gotta get the best help you can. You’re doing it right.

I will get back to everyone who has reached out directly as soon as I can, most likely today. I will likely want to meet all of you one by one and then go from there.

38Stang: 716-912-5336, ViperSpecialty@Gmail.com

:tup:

I may have someone else for you Dan, not sure if he’s as good as Jake like I sent you last time but ill look into it.

Interested. Emailed.