Pauly's 2001 Red Corvette Z06 Thread

no MY flywheel is stripped out. I woulda had the Cobra out today too :frowning:

Oh shitā€¦ Yea itā€™s happend to me tooā€¦ Tapping the crank IS NOT FUN

no the flywheel stripped out. like those threaded holes, where you put bolts in to secure the PP. Fucking aluminum FTL. Spec is 33ft lbs + 60deg. I got to 33 ft lbs on all, then went to go back around to 60deg em and on the first one i got to 45 it started to feel easier. set the wrench back to 33, and it wouldnā€™t even click :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

threw clutch and flywheel across room. I am not happy.

combination of dumpy flywheel & your torque wrench screwing upā€¦shouldve just pulled a shady and left it out!

I really donā€™t think it was the wrench. It worked fine immediately after on the trans front cover??? I think those threads were fucked from the word go.

:number1

OHH! Wow that sucks, well at least it only means a new flywheel, as I said, my crank stripped, was my faultā€¦ There was a little thin spacer and when I was doing the 5 speed swap no one specified whether or not it needed to be used on the flywheel like it was with the flexplate, and well yea, tapping the crank was not a good time.

Whenever I torque my PP to the flywheel I feel like its still loose as I could get it tighter by hand as it only calls for 22FT Lbs

i was reading on the interweb and came across this

"I just use 33 then estimate the 60 degrees. I set the torque wrench at 50 and they all click after the 60 degree estimate.

Fly wheel is 63."

ah yeah, forgot about that, it did work perfectly fine on the trans cover.

:rofl I can picture this happening.

Unless the pressure plate bolts are huge, 33 ft/lb on itā€™s own, (thatā€™s not to mention the extra 60 degrees), sounds like far too much. Why would the pressure plate bolts be TTY fasteners anyway?

Hmmā€¦

Reallyā€¦ that is all???

PP bolts always have torque spec??? I dunno, I looked em up on both all data and in the factory ford manual. (car has alum flywheel from factory). Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not retarded. Everything says 33ft-lbs + 60deg. Spec said follow all Ford installation procedures unless otherwise noted. It was not otherwise noted.

Nah, youā€™re not retarded and I know you can read a manual, but 33ft/lb plus 60 degrees sounds like an awful lot for a PP bolt.

Take a look at this tq table manā€¦

http://www.raskcycle.com/techtip/webdoc14.html

They gotta be 3/8"s at the most? If they are 3/8"s, the 33 ft/lb would of been enough. I point the finger at Ford!

shoulda got a GM LOL

Either way, Iā€™m torqueing the new ones to 40ft/lbs and calling it good enoughā€¦ and before anyone asks, yes I am THAT anal I bought all new flywheel and PP bolts directly from ford. lol

Pauly, stop fucking browsing and POST THE FUCKING PICS.

I witnessed this asshole show by the flywheel. Wayne was far more calm than i could have been ! :lol

Sucks dick though for sure.

I have photos of my trans/clutch job. I will post them with descriptions after i get home from work!

:rofl im on my phone now, will post when i get home after 5

Iā€™d german torque them and call it a day.

You of course too, and a few others also lol