pen blew up in dryer

I didn’t check my pants as throughly as i usually do, and a pen slipped by me on the way into the dryer. The pen blew up and there are small ink spots all over the inside of the dryer. I tried several cleaners and Goo-Gone, but to no avail. I tried running the dryer on high heat for 30 min the cleaning it with the same products, and again, nothing.

Advice to clean it, or is it baked on and i dont have to worry about it getting on clothes…

try drying some towels for some good measure, if they come out with nothing you will be fine.

leave it there and perform rorschach tests on your garments after drying

rubbing alcohol takes it off…

FYI goo gone is a horrible product, it barely ever works, rubbing alcohol works a 100000% times better, (can you tell ive done this before)

that oxi clean stuff works good also

[quote=“Geoff,post:3,topic:34820"”]

leave it there and perform rorschach tests on your garments after drying

[/quote]

lol

i did this a few weeks ago

rubbing compound worked wonders

The alcohol worked well. Didnt get it all off, but I think it is kind of baked in. I’m not worried so long as there isn’t any to get on clothes. I will test with a whilte shirt. I would use a brillo pad or try the rubbing compound, but i don’t want to score the inside. Thanks for the advice guys

what a coincidence. i am currently wearing jeans with black ink spots on it from 2 years ago. your fooked

[quote=“Viper966,post:4,topic:34820"”]

rubbing alcohol takes it off…

FYI goo gone is a horrible product, it barely ever works, rubbing alcohol works a 100000% times better, (can you tell ive done this before)

[/quote]

it’s not made to remove ink…

just sticky stuff, which it works great for :tup:

those tide sticks work pretty good

man, you really like tide

try some Ronsonol Lighter fluid and if not laquer thinner should work.

[quote=“altimarollin,post:11,topic:34820"”]

those tide sticks work pretty good

[/quote]

Tide To Go = peroxide
If you swear by Tide To Go, substitute a 50¢ bottle of hydrogen peroxide for a huge reduction in cost when the portability of the pen isn’t needed. :slight_smile:

http://www.tide.com/en_US/products/product.jsp?topic=faqs&product=tide_togo_instant_stain_remover

What are the key ingredients in Tide to Go?
Peroxide (non-chlorine bleach) surfactant and perfume.

i work with inks all day long i have a few things that may help… pm sent

22 cleaner

[quote=“baseball24,post:16,topic:34820"”]

22 cleaner

[/quote]

lol. yeah… use that.