To ditch AC or not...

Hahaha, right.

I did have a '90 Si for sometime with a nice AutoX setup in it (basically a AX STS susp setup with a D16Z6 swap, so not STS legal). It was fun on tight ass courses but really, I’m not a fwd guy. So throwing fwd out of the mix that leaves me S2Ks. I’ve driven and raced them, and they are not for me. Light and nimble, yes. But torque-less and really not that impressive on the top end. And argue 'til you’re blue in the face about hp/liter for the AP1 I’ll always say “so what!?!?!” AP1s have the highest NA hp/liter for any production car evaaaar. Super duper for them. A Z06 of the same year while waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on hp/liter has much, much, much better HP and insanely more TQ yet gets better MPG. So what’s the point of making big hp out of a small motor if the overall package isn’t actually efficient?

Even at full-weight I’m putting it to well driven (drivers with many road course schools under their belt) F430s, GT3s and Exiges on road courses. The C5 is a very good platform for that venue. In small AutoXes it still excels, so that should tell you something.

Anyway, if you read my first post my primary motivation for ditching AC isn’t the weight savings. That is a secondary benefit. The primary reason would be to allow a better dry sump system which will allow scavenging from the heads. The dry sump system that allows me to retain AC only has 2 stages of scavenge, and only at the pan (like the C6Z).

-TJ