people in the brampton area(bovaird n ching)

there is this 240sx i been checking out…i want to know if anyone has seen it…its located near the intersection of bovaird and pertosa on whiteface cresent off of pertosa…its a white 240sx like a 92-93 2 different sets of rims on it…just wondering if anyone has seen it or knows the guy selling it…

i checked it out and it needs a new hatch…the driver side frame rail is crushed in near the bend at the front and the other one and a hole in it the size of 3 fingers i think, at the bottom near the front bend…the struts seem to be rusty but i can’t really tell if its surface rust or if they are going…has like 270’000kms on it 2 sets of wheels with tires 1 are stock rims and the other at some next rims…unsure of the brand…and he wants $1800…anyways i can take pics the next time i go see him and hopfully you guys can tell me if its worth it or not…also its my first 240sx and my first car…so i was hoping son can get me started on the right foot…

incase ronnie or anyone else inquired about buyin their cars see this…im sorry for wasten your time if at all…but yeah hopfully somone can help me out

You need to check a lot more than that man, jus so you know what you are getting into. Usual rust spotslike the tire well, floor pan, leaky hatch, if it has a foam spoiler and subsequent rust, anything around the sunroof if it has one, in addition to what you mentioned. Then you should check all of it’s functions, look at the suspension, interior condition, electrical, etc. Just take a damn good look at it and be ready to deal with it.

From all the problems you named right there I would not buy it… these cars have serious rust issues if not taken care of. All the rust you named is already a problem I would say take your time, inspect cars properly and be very cautious when buying your first car especially a 240sx.

i think you should wait and find a car that doesnt have a lot of problems espicially rust and frame issues. fixing these problems will cost a lot of money

yeah you guys are right for that price i should just save a lil more and get something i wont have to worry about as much…i did end up inspecting everything else u guys named…minus the floor pan and it was in lik 6/10 condition minus the hatch which needs to go…but yeah thanks i wont bother looking at it again i guess…thanks guys

mint S13’s are a dime a dozen unless your looking into importing.

My advice for your 1st car is leave yourself a good sum of money to start repairs. S13’s are generally not very reliable.

For 1800, I’d expect an S13 that is in pretty good condition. What’ you’re describing sounds like a parts car or a huge project.

It sounds like a $500 car at most to me.

What is your budget to buy a car?

I’d say budget at least $2500 to get yourself a decently clean S13, something that isn’t rotten to shit and something that you wouldn’t be embarrassed to drive. They’re out there! I scored a really really clean minty one for $2200 last spring. Keep looking around and if you can…don’t buy the car from a forum unless it’s stock. Try to find it from an older person who doesn’t want to be a mad tyte drifter. 240’s are the new Civic and are treated accordingly.

Just like buying a Civic from an older person nets you a much cleaner car for the most part, the same applies to 240’s.

Not all the cars for sale on this forum are beat or have been neglected, hacked and beaten to hell…but a shitload of them are.

Budget $2500! If I come across a good deal in my travels, I’ll let you know. GL!