perhaps i missed something in the news? NOW WITH PICS

Because 2 private individuals don’t have clauses in the laws to virtually automatically make them free of responsibility in situations where they damage things.

Good point.

Can you flip a junk car over on it’s roof, park it on the street w/ plates? That’s what i would do to protest. I’d even put the plates on the car so they’d be right side up.

Its happend a few times this year. Towns even go far enough to say that they accept fault, but don’t legally have to accept liability. They hid under some BS court ruling. The town of tonawanda had the same thing happen, and they lost in court, were told to pay the 2k in damages, AND THEY ARE APPEALING. WTF, just pay the fuckin 2k, you screwed up the car, you know you did, pay it. No instead they will fight it and fight it spending tens of thousands of taxpayers dollars to prove a point. I love government. Remember they gain the power from the people, and are supposed to work for the people. I think they forget this sometimes.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:18,topic:28544"”]

So a truck slid through an intersection and smashed their apparently uninsured car and a the police report didn’t assign fault, but they feel that their entitled to taxpayer’s money to fix it?

I’m sorry but accidents happen and if you can’t afford to replace a smashed car you need to have collision on it. They’re not getting screwed, they’re trying to cash in. Fuck em.

[/quote]

Are you kidding me? I slide through a stop sign in the snow and slam into your car. Regardless of what tickets the cop writes, the insurance company is going to put me at fault. It’s called speed to fast for conditions.

So regardless if the town has to pay, or the town’s insurance has to pay, it certainly shouldn’t be the person who did nothing wrong having to pay.

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:23,topic:28544"”]

Can you flip a junk car over on it’s roof, park it on the street w/ plates? That’s what i would do to protest. I’d even put the plates on the car so they’d be right side up.

[/quote]

haha i like this idea. I’m sure bing would be in to lend a hand flipping it

I take back what I said. She’s getting boned.

(They changed the article. Click the same link. The plow driver readily admitted fault, TOT’s insurance company said no, she sued and won, and now TOT is appealing.)

Love it. People fighting the BS.

X…