tree damage :(

so someone was nice enough to drop a limb on my car while at work on friday. its looks like they were cleaning up the street, because all the debris was gone when i left to go home. does anyone have any idea on who to call for this sort of thing, or if i even have any chance to make a claim? this happened on virginia place downtown. if anyone has been through this kinda thing, any advice?

thanks,
marc

Did you take pictures?

whatever fell on my car was gone when i got out there. i have pictures of the damage, but no way to prove they did it other than the fact that they were working on the trees on that street the day it happened. i’m sure they will probably just deny everything.

I’m assuming you were parked on the street, and i don’t know about your town but a lot of towns had parking bans from 6a-6p to avoid this kind of stuff. You need to find out if your town had a parking ban in effect and what hours it was in place for because if in fact there was one in pace where you were parked during the time you were parked you probably wont be able to get anything by contacting anytone except your insurance co.

but take pictures too.

this was downtown right around delaware and allen, so i dont think its possible to keep cars off the street.

post up pictures of the damage, lets see how it looks

vandalism??? Thats what you’ll probably have to report it as. Unless you have a witness that said they saw the city crew or a particular subcontractor drop the limb on your car. Good luck.

i saw the city crews there all day, they had huge trucks blocking the street most the day cuz i kept having to take an early turn instead of that one