Pet Crew - Veterinarians

My wife had her male cat fixed there. Took the cat home. Something was wrong so she took the at back to have him checked. They said nothing was wrong he’ll be fine. So then the cat died 3 days later.
When the fixed him they did something wrong and he healed over his piss hole and basically his balder just filled up and he died.

On another note:
What’s the absolute cheapest place to have a cat fixed? My wifes cats suck.

I have gone to Brighton Eggert Animal Clinic

I used them when I got my first cat and she needed to be spayed. Everything went well. A little pricey but you see that any where.

I also take my dog there.

All in all a good place, Friendly people. I would recomend them.

dude u declawed ur cats :cry: :meanie:

we used brighton eggert animal clinic as well. our french bulldog was the runt of the litter and had problems from the start. a month after we bought her, she started having horrible stomach problems(wouldnt eat, wouldnt drink, threw up everything she did eat, etc.) we rushed her to the blue cross blue shield emergency animal care and they predicted that she wouldnt make it through the night. the next morning, she was still doing very bad. we took her to brighton eggert. they had her there for two months. they took amazing care for her and everyone there absolutely loved her. one female vet would make her chicken and rice with gravy everyday at her home because that was the only food that she would eat in mass quantities. the bill was around $3000. the breeder we bought her from covered all expenses(phew!) we have been going there ever since. everyone there is great and really cares about the well being of the animals.

Storybook Farm, Victor NY
**This is obviously for the Rochester area people, sorry I don’t have any experience with Buffalo vets.

We’ve been taking my family cats there for the last 16 years, and when we got our kitten I insisted that she go there. Reasonably priced, plus the vets and techs are incredibly kind and knowledgable. When Carrera broke her hip and needed surgery, they scheduled her promptly. My favorite vet did the surgery and made sure it was as uninvasive as possible. She only has the tiniest scar, and she recovered in only a few days. The vets have always been completely honest with me and never seem to just be in it for the money. I highly recommend them, especially Dr. Lodge.

Operation Pets:

Cost: FREE (for rescue animals, low income, college students, and special cases) Also free shots that are required at time of visit.

Very professional for an in and out, drop off your pet @ 7am, pick them up @ 5pm.

Currently using Alden Animal Hospital, too few visits to give a review.

i personally wouldn’t ever take any of my pets to a free clinic. i’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

I never mentioned anything about declawing my cats. I do a gree thats a mean thing to do. Both of mine have never been declawed.

I took my cat there when I got her in Buffalo. They were very professional, and took care with her, even had me come into the room with them to go over everything and so I could watch them work to ensure they were nothing but professional to her.

I’d recommend them. I took my cat there because she had a sprained paw when I adopted her. They took good care of her and the bill was like 37 bucks for all her shots and flea meds including the check up on her paw.

:tup: They also gave me numerous coupons for free kitten food.

We used to go to McBride. For the most part the Vets and receptionists were nice. But we changed less than a year ago. My dog had a nagging allergy that they weren’t able to find a solution for and cost us a lot of money in trial and error. Plus the male vet there seems pro-cats and anti-dogs. Strange, but bothered us since we ended up with him more than we wanted to.

But a friend of ours told us about City Creatures on Delaware in North Buffalo. Heather Allen is the vet there. They don’t give you a line of crap, don’t overcharge you, and best of all, she found the allergy problem my dog had which we couldn’t get a solution from McBride for 2+ years.
They follow up with progress on our dog and seem like a good group there.
And if my wife is happy with them, that is a good thing.

[COLOR=black]2113 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo NY 14216

phone 716-873-7000 [/COLOR]

A review of Banfield at Petsmart on the boulevard

1579 Niagara Fall Blvd.
Amherst, NY 14228
716-834-1186

Overall review of the place i give it a 3/5

Everything went pretty smooth. They got me in on short notice on a saturday after 12:30pm that was a huge plus.
The wait wasn’t so bad. The receptionist/nurses were pretty good as well.They were very nice and seemed genuinely caring. The doctor had HORRIBLE english and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. He checked the cat out but, IMHO I don’t think he really did all that much checking. The doctor himself was the big draw back of going there.
After asking a lot of questions and getting the right answers he comes back with an estimate for every possible treatment and wants to do them all adding up to excess of $400.00. I ask him the cost of just treating what he thought the real problem was $87.00.
Overall i gave it a 3/5 it wasn’t a horrible experience but i wasn’t a fan either. Would I recommend it? No. On short notice it was good enough.

Cliffs: Went to the vet. Tried to rip me off. Wouldn’t recommend.

X2 I use McBride as well. You pay for the animal care, not their remodeling or computers. They type on typewriters and this place is like an 80s setting. The care they provide at McBride is phenomenal. The Veterinarian actually sits and talks to you. He recommended that i switch my dog from dog joint supplements to human supplements and human meds are cheaper and they actually work. For your pets next vet visit consider this over any other place. You save a lot of money and no short cuts are taken.

I have to second the OP Animal Hospital. My sister works there as a Vet Tech, and they are awesome at what they do.

Transit Animal Hospital - Corner of French in Depew not sure of actual address.

My ex works there and has for years great place some of the most caring ppl ive ever seen when it comes to working with animals.

I know a few Hos that work there. They are definately on the expensive end but they do a pretty good job.