Petition to get rid of front plates in NY

there is athread about this every year

That seems pretty stupid since Quebec doesn’t issue front plates.

The scanner at the border reads rear plates because everyone has a rear plate. If you were going to install a scanner would you install one that could only read some cars because it looked for a front plate that may not be there, or one that could read all cars because the rear plate is required by law everywhere?

I’m also doubtful that this will be passed, but signed anyways.

signed

I love Nevada’s law… If the vehicle comes equipped with a front plate from the factory it’s required. If it does not, it’s not required. Neither of our cars have front plates.

couldnt give a shit either way, my opinion that my car looks slightly better with it off made me sign but only because it was so easy, cant say im putting much faith or further effort forward

Deff. siging this shit. Got another ticket for this the other day.

soooo put a front plate on…

:tif:

signed

Front plates are stupid, therefore I haz signed.

signed

I’ve got two little “plus signs” on my rear bumper from some idiot hitting my car while it was parked… and front plates look dumb.

Signed.

1. David J. Spencer front plates suck!

YEA!! exactly the way to get your point across… WOOO

Happily signed.

Yeah i have signed a few of these, not sure if this is the same one or what

When will people realize that an online petition is the most useless fucking thing on the planet?

So true.

Our politicians are too busy getting their dicks wet in some $2,000/hour hooker to care about an internet petition.

How random is it that I came across this…

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

signed.

There are good ways to try to get NY to get rid of the front plate, and then there are stupid lazy ones like this online petition.

What would work is look at how much that extra plate costs with the ever rising cost of metals. Then play up the CO emissions associated with making twice as many plates as are actually needed. Do the research, get all your numbers straight, then take it to a local news station. Wrap the story and the research up in a nice form letter and give people an easy way to click and send that form letter to all their local and state representatives.