phillips ambilight

Does anyone have any + or - info about the phillips ambilight TV’s? i think it looks sweet on the commercials but havent seen it in real life. How bright is the color on the walls really?

how is the TV in general?

the plasma one’s are a ton cheaper… is it worth it to get the lcd model or is the plasma good?

im not a huge technology freak and dont/wont have any type of HD anything for a while so having the most 1337 tv isnt important to me i just want something good

i just want the baller lookin tv that has lights on the walls but b4 i buy it i wanna know if its junk or cool

what did i tell you Buy a samsung lcd!

IBviper996schoolsall

but it doesnt have the baller lights behind it!

i’ve toyed with these in the store for about 3 hours total accum. time. They look awesome but I dunno, everytime I think about getting one (37 or 42") I never drop the $$$

I did notice the plasma was cheaper than the LCD as well and wasnt sure. The contrast ratio was 10k:1 I believe on both sets… but either way it looks decent.

Someone chime in who has one so we can know the truth!

yea they both have 10k:1 contrast ratio… but why is the lcd so much more!!! is it worth the extra money

Personally I dont like the concept of the ambilight. If I’m watching a movie, I like the room to be dim so that the tv is the ‘window’ into the movie. The ambilight will light up your room, reminding you where you are. Just my thoughts though.

My parents bought one, I think its pretty cool. It reminds me of the theater because the the walls reflect the color on the screen.

In the store it doesnt look insanely bright, But we did do some testing by turning off the test area overhead lights, and all surrounding tv’s and it looked enough to be functional but not enough to light up too much of the room.

where do they have um that i can play with?

i really like the idea of them and wanna check um out

They have them at best buy and sears. I played with it at the Sears in the Marketplace Mall in Rochester because I have a few roclife friends that work there.

Anywho just tell them you are interested and wanna play around with it and see what its got for features. They will almost always give you the remote/play with it just because @ Sears they get commission for the sale.

The LCD lowest I’ve seen is about 1500 for a 42" where as the Plasma I’ve seen around 1250 ish for the 42"

circuit city in amherst also now has all of the ambilight displays…

check em out. I’ll proly get one after I put away a few of my credit card debt’s lol

everyone has some kinda opinion about the light show… but so far there hasnt been anyone saying anything about picture quality

its because there too busy watching the TV leak all over the back of the wall. Thing could be black and white and noone would care cause its got colors that light the walls up.lol

I personally think its a gimmick or else other tvs would have something similiar.

i thought it worked very well, we watched some of star wars episode 3 on it, and just sitting there in the dark when the colors would change from light to dark it really wouldnt put a strain on your eye.

As for the picture quality it was definately good quality.

Also what I liked it is doesnt just change one color. It changes all of them, so if the left top is black, the ambilight for that section is black but if in the middle and bottom is red itll project that color so its not just one color…

I might be gullible or something but I thought it was very well put together and definately helped out with the strain in a dark lit room.

But thats just my 2 cents

now i didnt know that. I thought it changed one color n thats all now its even sweeter then b4.

im goin to go check um out tomorrow if i like it im bringing it home.

*I want a wall mount TV

• i dont own PS3 and even when i do buy it im not going to be using it enough to justify me buying a 1080P TV
  • ive heard/read from a ton of people that on a 42 or 46 inch tv you cant really tell the difference in 1080i and 1080p so now i REALLY dont care
  • i dont have any HD tv chanels
  • i like the ambilight look and from what ive been reading its easier on your eyes watching a TV with ambilight then one without it

*and last but not least i dont care that i can buy a similar 42 or 46 inch tv with out ambilight for 3 or 4 hundred buchs cheaper

the ambilight feature is cool, i liked it alot. I’m still planning on getting one, once I settle my NY-Resolution a little bit.

If you pick one up, let me know how you like it

http://hdguru.com

read this site, very informative.

thanks… that had a ton of info for me!