Photoshop question

i have a real :picard: question. how do you add frames (as in a black border) around pictures?

I don’t understand why you would ask us when it would take you a fraction of the time to search “border” in the PS help index.

its easier to ask here i guess, lol

god forbid somebody actually uses the help file, that would actually be too easy.

lol

resize image and keep image the same size (centering it). for example, if you want a 10pixel boarder on a 100X100 pic… you’d resize it to 110X110.

then just add the color you want

there might be better ways/plugins, but it works

i searched the help but i think the way i was wording the search wasnt right because i kept getting all of these things that were not what i wanted.

set back ground color to back, increase the canvas by 10 pixels in each direction, easiest way to do it

EDIT: or just go to a dealership and take their word on how to do it

pay me to do it for you

reason # 6848 for a Photography forum

:slight_smile:

yeah i got is using the enlarge canvas thing. for some reason when i searched “border” in help, all it did was tell me how to create borders around things in the picture and create layers out of them, how to move a border (interestingly, it did not tell me how to make one lol) and then a bunch of other irrelevant stuff.

Cause there aren’t enough on the internet already.

:rofl: but yes thats the easiest way.

there is a sub forum on here that I don’t know of? There are tons of auto forums so why does nyspeed exist?

NYspeed seems to exist mainly for a core group of auto enthusiasts in the WNY area.

The take away is that the depth of knowledge for a photography sub-forum on this site is limited compared to a Photoshop or photography only forum.

perfect reason to start one… people can start taking better(more interesting) pictures of their cars if they had more knowledge.

I follow what you’re saying. Sounds like a ‘Post your automotive photography tips/techniques here!!!1’ would be a good start. I’m not saying your idea is stupid, just probably wouldn’t be very fruitful.

making ur background color black, increase canvas size is easiest way like 66impala said

did you buy a ford ranger!?!!

HAHA no. im guessing you saw me driving either a black, silver or red one with a cap, or a tan one without a cap? I work at Lakeland Auto as a parts driver and thats what i drive for work. those things are all un-maintained pieces of shit, id never be caught dead driving one of those as a personal vehicle.