Picked up a 99 1.8T 5spd Avant for the wifey today..

Ah ok. I think our 01 jetta had that button. I didnt drive it much, and we only had it like a year, so I dont remember so good.

And yes :tdown: for effin up a good drifto . lol

Dan

Yeah, I know, just not worth it for the DD. I have gotten used to it. The first snow fall of the season is a bit of a suprise as I hit the pedal and hold it down almost feeling like I am bending the pedal.

Yeah, I was in a TT and someone tried to do a nice drift, PERFECT turn, no cars coming, JUST get the car where the back is about to dance out, WOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, ESP kicks in. It is almost like the car’s way of chickening out.

nice pick up man! :tup:

Nice find, now just chip it and put a down pipe on it and you will really fall in love with it!

^^ ya, Im really not sure what to do with it just yet. I was thinking GIAC.

I need to start doing some research into whats even available for exhaust. Ill probably end up making my own catback, but a new cat, or a delete and new downpipe I may just buy.

Opinions on that anyone?

I figure Ill probably do a new K04 in a year or so since this still has the original turbo with almost 140k miles.

Dan

I have a KO3 sport turbo for that car…

I think Ill just wait for the KO4.

Any opinions on GIAC’ing the stock turbo with 135k on it? I figure I can always upgrade the GIAC to work with the KO4 when the time comes. Im just wondering how much faster Ill kill the stock KO3 with all those miles…

Dan

Ok. Been slowing getting the car cleaned up and fixed up etc.

The lower door moldings showed last week and the clips today. Got those on quick before it got dark. Also I think this is the first two pics of the car with the new wheels on.

http://clubhousecustoms.com/gallery/albums/album51/100_0098.sized.jpg

http://clubhousecustoms.com/gallery/albums/album51/100_0097.sized.jpg

Now I need to find time to do the timing belt, water pump etc. Then it just needs a fender and some paint here and there and a good motor cleaning.

Dan

You have plans to lower it?

Ya someday when I have the cash for new dampers and springs. Probably next spring, or before if it NEEDS something replaced. I may do a pile of stuff at once: springs, dampers, control arms,wheel bearings etc etc.

Dan

Car looks like it’s getting there. The wheels look HUGE for 17’s, I can’t wait to get a set for my wagon. The wheels will look PERFECT once you lower the car, my buddy let me borrow his set just like what you have to get my car aligned, looked great! Even the GF said the car looked perfect with the 17" Audi wheels. Currently I have 18" Sport Tec rip offs that are getting the tires stripped and the wheels are getting scrapped as i will get more for the scrap as the wheels weigh a ton.

Thanks.

I think they look so big as the spokes come right out to the edge. All of these newer wheels with big lips look smaller b/c the spokes bend in near the lip. (thats my theory anyway).

I picked up a VDO oil press and boost gauge for it a week or two ago. I need to start making a panel for them. My plan it to basically mold something to the front of the ash tray and face them a bit towards the driver. The ash tray is basically useless and this car has the cell phone charger :slight_smile: in the center console. I hated any of the other options for the car, I think this will be a great place to mount them and to keep them fairly stealthy.

Dan

Yeah, thats why they look big.

I wouldn’t even lower it. Its not practical for all cars to be slammed.

plus audi wagons look good the way they are. especially this one.

It doesn’t have to be slammed, god I despise that term, but a nice subtle drop would make it look perfect. I’m lowered but not to the point where I worry about my GF driving the car.

When I my set of the exact same wheels I’ll throw a few pictures up of them on my Avant which is lowered. A drop MAKES these Avants look so classy. of course my car is a vile gold color so it won’t look as good as silver.

Ya, I would never slam any car, its just dumb. Probably some bilstein sports and H&R springs. A simple like 1" would be perfect imo.

Dan

Agreed silver is the best color for A4’s :cry:

I have the Bilstein Sports and I LOVE them. If you can, get the grooved ones so you can lift the back end up if need be. I wanted to get those but at the time I ordered they were backordered 4 weeks. My car is probabally lowered more then 1" but it is as low as you can get before you have to worry about driving it at that height. I love plowing in the winter with it, absolutely unstopable

Sounds like a good plan. Just something to eliminate the 4x4 look and handling will improve greatly.