Picking up a dog from the shelter

This is my girlfriends dog.

They are very protective of their families and are very active dogs. Great dogs to have

labs are super funny. I swear my dog can understand EVERY word I say.

We got Buster (black dog) from Lollypop Farm after they rescued him from NO after that hurricane thing and Greta (white dog) from a group we found on Craigslist who rescues dogs. Buster adapted very well and is quite smart (almost too smart). Greta turned ferrel after living in the wild for approx. 3 months and was very underweight and her hair was falling out. She had obviously been abused because of the way she acted towards strangers or any sudden movements. She took to Buster well and does great with my wife and I after a lot of work. I really enjoy dogs and rescuing them makes a lot more sense to me than buying from a breeder. Cheaper too…

Keep in mind that if it was not fed right early on it might have bone structure problems as well and have stuff like arthritis later on. So all and all it sounds expensive. I’d also factor in some one-on-one training time if there are some behavioral issues (That runs like ~80/hr)
But props for going through with this.

how is he going to be with your other dog?

my german shepard is protective as fuck, hes only friendly to about 6 people. but he listens to everything i say and is very friendly and playful. i think hes about 2years old though, so idk how they are as they get older