Pics of my 240, give some input.

hey this is my 240.

I just picked it up, need some ignition work (coilpack/ignitor)

it has 160k, its an 89 5spd, everything works and I mean EVERYTHING except for the ebrake.

would like some people to give me some input as to what such a car would go for cert and etested. just wondering.

anyways, here she is, feel free to criticize, the one frame rail is pretty bad as far as i’m concerned but maybe thats fine for a 240? i’ll be boxing it soon eitherway.

:smiley:

throw that shit in the junk pile.

i was thinking oh nice, not alot of rust, decent, and then the frame rail is chooched.

Dump it.

i hope you didnt pay to much for that…the body looks alright tho

you’d never beleive me if i told you how much…

if it’s more than 500$ you need a reality check.

try again.

50 dollars

woww that cancer is bad. just to tell you, your floor splitted apart, so its not just your frame rail that needs to be boxed. and if its that bad there, you should check out the wheel wells, subframe and the rear rails too.

everythings fine except for right there. it was undercoated and stuff. theres one small spot in the trunk too actually

its in prety rough shape…

thats all for now

For under $500, i wouldn’t complain.

It won’t pass safety with that frame rail…

well im not all that worried, the frame can be repaired without too much trouble, i have access to a welder (opel_driver) and im fairly good with a grinder lol. it’ll look minty fresh when im done with her.

lol buddy, theres a bit more than slapping on some metal and goin at her with a mig welder.

that entire frame section needs to be redone all the way to the fender well.

the floor carpet will need to be lifted and that entire section of floor would need to be replaced.

and if theres rust in the trunk, theres rust under the muffer, then theres frame rail problems back there too.

id look a little more carfully, just cus things look black and solid doesnt mean they are.

GT

I’ve looked, the frame is fine from that one spot back, i tapped it quite hard with a half inch drive, theres a hole in the trunk about the size of a toonie and the floor feels very solid, unlike my friend’s 240’s I think that most of the problem lies in that front frame section.

so how much did u pay for it?
check behind the splash guards for rot too

The body looks alright, like some said, make sure you check thouroghly for things you need to fix. If you have the determination go for it and fix it all up, than it should pass safety. Btw, I dont think you should post how much you paid for it.

its not fine for 240 even tho lots are prob still driving around like that lol… fix it :stuck_out_tongue: too many 240s dying… save them before they rot out extinct lol…

Did you buy this shitbox from fastback240?
There was a 6+ page thread of us making fun of him because he wanted to repair it, and he was acting all tough, saying he’ll stick with it, and fix it, etc…
Then when he actually TRIED to do the frame work, he sold the car immediately, like we told him to do months before. Everyone talks big until they try doing the work.

dude if you’re so sure of yourself, the car and what you’re going to do with it:

THEN WHY DID YOU MAKE A THREAD ASKING FOR OPINIONS!?!?!?!?!?

god bless

doing the work is part of what I do, i’ve never bought a car for over $2000 in my entire life so I know a thing or two about making a shitty car good. when I got my probe I had 2 shops say it’ll never pass safety because of the rot ass underbody, so I went and bought some steel, ground the shit out of where i was to weld to and welded the steel in, stuff was solid as a rock and the same shop that said itd never pass, passed it. and no i didn’t buy it from anyone on this board, just a small garage here in london. I wanted opinions on it, I wanted to know how much its worth when completed.

I was hoping to get some input from people like s13gg etc.

but I ask you not to treat me as just another 240 newb, i’ve owned 13 cars in my life and not a single one of them has had work done at a shop.