Pics/Update on my Project

As some of you know, I’m working on a 1987 2wd S10 Blazer. I currently have a 350SBC as well as a 700r4 transmission on it. I’m doing some body work, ripping out the carpet, new seats, new headliner, etc… this winter and figured maybe I’d put up a little update type thread, if not to show you guys what I’m working on, but to relieve some of my cabin fever as well.

I already have pics of the interior gutted, I’ll have to post them later, but my newest pics are of my shaved handles.

Heres after I welded in some s-series specific filler plates I got from Jason at suicidedoors.com. This guy does awesome work on custom suspension and sheetmetal work, if anyone needs stuff done this is the guy to talk to. And he does it for great prices.

Here is a pic after I put some fiberglass filler (duraglass to be exact) on top of the ground down metal to not only seal any small cracks, but to also fill in some of the larger imperfections and keep water from getting to the plastic body filler

Here is after the plastic body filler (regular bondo, I know, not the best, but it worked out fine) was sanded with 80, 120, 300, and 800 grit sandpaper. There are some imperfections that are not noticeable in the photo.

:cool:

Finally, here is the door sprayed with some primer. Spraying it with primer and letting it dry will show the imperfections more clearly. Once I can see those, I’ll lightly fill them with spot putty, then sand it all over again so that it countours and is as smooth as the original door.

lookin good :wink:

sweet!

how are you going to open your doors now?!

Jump in thru the window like Nascar :mrT:

I’ve got 35lb solenoids that I’m going to install in the doors to pull the latch open when you hit the button (looks like a keyless entry module).

Then I’ll put some spring loaded poppers in so that when you hit the button instead of just undoing the latch, spring will stretch out to normal size when the latch is undone and the door will open about 4 to 6 inches.

sounds cool :mullet:

Is it a pre-requisite that I have a mullet if I want to jump in thru the black net window like nascar?

mullets are old school, so ill do it.

yeah sorta…jumpin through the window is mullet-style. :kekegay: i say do it :smiley:

Use a paint stick and 100 grit and block sand it using a criss cross pattern- it will turn out straight