Pictures after some upgrades

After storing the CTS-V for the winter, I added some performance and some style to the V for the summer. Thanks to Don for his help with the brakes.

• GM Accessory Wheels (save about 3 pounds a wheel but have OEM strength for horrible roads in MI)
  • GM Performance Parts Rotors made by Brembo (Don claims they are the largest rotors he has ever installed)
  • Hawk HPS pads
    Here are the pictures:

Not hard to find a half torn down building in Detroit (1/4 mile or less from my parking garage):

Rear wheel:

Those brakes/rotors do look nice…

Nice! :tup:

I never understood the whole “take pictures of cars next to run-down, old buildings” thing that photographers do. The “old vs. new” contrast takes away from the subject of the picture (the car) IMO. Unless the color of said building compliments the car.

pics are hot Ron… good choice on the wheels too

:gotme: We dont have much else in buffalo.

Those rotors are massive! Lookin good

It was funny, because I really don’t like the run down look, but it is Detroit and it has so much of that crap.

Yeah considering they are 18" rims

those rotors are fuckin huge! and shinyy. ooooh

Have you taken pictures on that ramp before and with that building in the background? idk why but i just remember seeing it lol

Yeah that is my parking garage

I think this was the front rotor

…try to catch me riding dirty

VEry nice of course and what size pizza box was that?

14" front brakes ftw! they look badass

its a photogenic thing…something ruined in the background often gives an “up to no good appeal” or like the car is badass…also yes the building is abandoned and ruined but the car is perfectly polished washed up giving it contrast between the situation…thats how i always look at it

Looks Good :tup:

Medium or large, can’t remember how hungry I was that night

Yeah 14" fronts and 14.4" rears if I remember correctly

What it looks like when it was clean on Sunday at a car show in Milford by GM proving grounds:

Those rotors are massive.

WTF? Rear rotors larger than front? lol

Yeah no clue. Brembo 4 piston all the way around.
From what I have read the fronts were off the shelf for Brembo, and the same as the Viper and Lotus Esprit from that year.
The rears were custom made by Brembo for the CTS-V.