Pilots, step in.

I’ve been pursuing my pilot’s license for approximately a year now, I was curious as to if we have any other pilots on board here.

I’m looking for opinions on mechanics and airports. I’m in the process of securing some funds for a :snky: airplane :snky: and am trying to get things lined up before I move on the project.

-Alex

My buddy Mike is a pilot and currently in school to be a mechanic as well. He is on here, I’ll get him to post. Buy something sweet I can jump out of!

If you get a plane I want to jump out of it and land on HSBC then repack and jump off.

You’re more than welcome to. I’ve honestly been kinda keeping the whole skydiving thing in the picture so I’ve been trying to find a high-wing aircraft.

I have about 8000 hours. ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI. Don’t have my A&P though so I’m no help there.

NO!!! You will void my companies warranty on the roof haha

is the HSBC arena high enough?

He’s talking the tallest building down town, not first niagara center.

Newman, wave to me on your way down! I’m on floor 22 of 38, corner facing the water.

I’m certified. Pilot here, pilot there. I pilot everywhere.

Hickory high-lift?

my grandfather has had his cessna at buffalo lancaster airport on walden for years. real nice place. im not sure what theyre charging for rent though.

Sobo you are crazy, and dirty filthy rich. That is all.

Why buy when you can rent for $150/hr with plane, fuel, maintenance, and hanger included? Are you flying to work?

Convenience factor mostly. Also, planes are somewhat of an investment; most appreciate in value.

Buying always > renting in my book. Especially when it’s something the value can appreciate on.

Yea I work with a few people who own planes its pretty crazy prices either stay the same or go up never down.

Cessna 1960 ~ $7000. Same cessna today ~$25,000.

Everything is more expensive in 2013 than it was in 1960 lol

Ugh Cessna’s.

Go Otter or Caravan :slight_smile:

I fly, I’m pilot. Last time I checked all the hangers were full at Lancaster. Akron has hanger space starting at $168/month. Prior will let you tie down for $125/month or so. I don’t know what’s going on with Buffalo Airfield. Where do you live? How long do you want to commute? Where are you flying out of currently? Do you plan on getting an instrument rating?

If you want to fly jumpers and make money you’ll need a commercial rating. You’ll want some type of insurance as well, as the Pilot in Command is responsible for the jumpers from the time they get in to the aircraft until they are back on the ground.